Boom 2 and Boom 3 are both popular speakers in the market from the Ultimate Ears. However, if you want to buy the best Speaker between these two, then Boom 3 would be the best choice because it has improved features.
Why UE Boom 3 is Best?
- You can access Boom 3 from a 150 feet distance through Bluetooth. While Boom 2 comes with 100 feet Bluetooth range.
- It is IP67 rated, which makes it super waterproof and dustproof. On the other hand, Boom 2 is IPX7, which provides a waterproof facility but no dustproof.
- This Speaker has a wireless charging feature that allows charging the device quickly at anywhere. While its competitor Boom 2 doesn’t have this advanced feature.
- UE Boom 3 comes with an updated new design, and it looks more premium. In contrast, Boom 2 comes with an ordinary design.
- This Speaker is covered with shimmering two-tone fabric, mainly used for extreme applications like motorcycle jackets and fire equipment. This feature makes this Speaker more durable. Whereas Boom 2 doesn’t come with this feature.
These are the advanced feature that makes Boom 3 best than Boom 2. In addition, this Speaker has the most robust build quality that makes it more durable than Boom 2.
Similarities Between Ultimate Ears Boom 2 and Boom 3
- Boom 2 and Boom 3 have a waterproof feature that protects them from water and spills.
- They have 360 degrees sound system that provides you with surrounding sound.
- Both speakers can pair two for stereo or 150+ units for an enormous party.
- These devices have a hook and tripod mount area for your flexibility.
- They come with 15 hours of battery backup. So, you don’t need to charge them frequently.
These are the similar feature that you will get with both speakers. If you want to enjoy your party, then Boom 3 would be the best choice.
Quick Comparison: UE Boom 2 vs Boom 3
|Specifications||Ultimate Ears Boom 2||Ultimate Ears Boom 3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||1.8 pounds|
|Product Dimension||2.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Bluetooth Range||100 ft||150 ft|
|Color||Brainfreeze, Phantom Edition – Core Lineup||Lagoon blue, Night Black, sunset Red, Ultraviolet purple.|
|Battery Type||1 Lithium Metal Batteries Required||1 Lithium-Ion Battery Required|
|Battery Life||15 hours||15 hours|
|Charging time||2.5 hours||2.75 hours|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IP67 rated|
|360 degree Sound||Immersive and loud||Bold Sound+ Deep Bass|
|Frequency Range||90Hz – 20kHz||90Hz – 20kHz|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities Between Boom 2 vs Boom 3
Both speakers come with a premium outlook and solid build quality. They are lightweight and easy to carry anywhere. Boom 3 is a little bit large than Boom 2. The Ultimate Boom 3 weighs 1.8 pounds, and the dimension is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches.
Besides, Boom 2 weighs 1.2 pounds, and the dimension is 2.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches. Boom 3 is covered with two-tone performance fabric, which is solid and beautiful as well. You will get plus and minus buttons on the side, and others buttons are available on the top of the speakers.
You don’t have any complaints about the sound quality of the ultimate Ears speakers. Both speakers have 360 degrees sound system, which gives you the best sound experience ever. In addition, the Ultimate Boom 3 provides you a louder and best sound quality than the Boom 2.
Boom 2 and Boom 3 both speakers provide decent bass quality. These speakers are mainly made for outdoor parties. For the 360 degrees sound system, there won’t be any lack of sound quality because of the higher bass. You will get a clear crystal sound at any bass level. So, enjoy your parties without having any problem.
The battery is an essential part of any speaker. These Bluetooth speakers have a powerful battery, and you will get 15 hours of battery backup. So you don’t need to charge them frequently. In addition, the Boom 3 has a wireless charge option, so you can charge this device wirelessly. Whereas its competitor Boom 2 does not have this advanced feature.
These two speakers come with a waterproof feature. Boom 3 is an IP67 rated waterproof device, which means this Speaker is super waterproof and dustproof. While its competitor Boom 2 comes with only IPX7 rated. It does not give you proper protection like Boom 3.
Durability and Warranty:
Ultimate Ears always provide the best build quality, speakers. These speakers are more portable and built with high-quality materials. In addition, Ultimate Ears offer 2 years warranty, and if there is any damage issue with your device, it will be fixed without any cost.
The Ultimate ears Boom 2 come with an ordinary design, and it’s not suitable for extreme usage. But Boom 3 is built with high-end material, and their highly-rated waterproof feature makes them more durable than others. Moreover, you will enjoy sound quality with this Speaker. So, Boom 3 would be an excellent choice for you. Otherwise, Boom 2 is also a good choice if you are okay with this feature.
FAQ about Ultimate Ears Boom 2 and Boom 3
|How much time did they take for a full charge?
Both speakers take almost 2 hours to fully charged.
What is the dimension of the Ultimate Ears Boom 3?
The Dimension of Boom 3 is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches.
Does Boom 2 have a speakerphone feature?
Yes, this Speaker has a speakerphone feature.
Is these Speaker supports AirPods?
You can also read some other comparisons below: