UE Megaboom 3 and JBL Charge 4 have almost similar features, but if you want to get the best one, We highly recommend JBL Charge 4 for you.
Why We Recommend JBL Charge 4?
- JBL Charge 4 comes with a dual passive radiator that delivers loud and clear sound, which is ear-catching as well. In contrast, Megaboom 3 does not come with this feature.
- With this speaker, you can receive crystal clear calls because it has a mic. On the other hand, Megaboom 3 doesn’t carry this advanced function.
- It can pair up to 2 smartphones and tablets wirelessly that give you powerful sound quality. In contrast, its competitor can not connect 2 smartphones or tablets like JBL Charge 4.
- Charge 4 supports the 4.2 Bluetooth version, giving you a better range while its competitor supports only the older Bluetooth version.
- This device work as a power bank which means you can charge your phone and other devices from this speaker when necessary. On the other hand, this feature is missing on Megaboom 3.
- It has a 3.5mm mini-jack that allows you to connect a pair of stereo headphones. At the same time, this audio jack is not available on Megaboom 3.
- JBL Charge 4 comes with a premium design which makes it look better than Megaboom 3.
These are the advanced features that made JBL Charge 4 a winner. Because of these reasons I strongly suggest you buy this speaker.
Similarities Between Megaboom 3 and Charge 4
- Both speakers have a decent waterproof feature so, this feature protects your device from water and spills.
- They are built with high-quality fabric, which makes them more durable than other speakers on the market.
- These speakers come with different color options. You can choose any color according to your personality.
So, these are similar features that you get from both speakers. But, for the best quality sound and advanced features, you need to choose JBL Charge 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL charge 4 vs UE Megaboom 3
|Specification||UE Megaboom 3||JBL Charge 4|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||2.04 pounds||3.21 pounds|
|Product Dimension||3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches|
|Color||Three color options are available||Twelve color options are available|
|Battery Type||1 CR123A battery required||1 Lithium polymer battery required|
|Battery Life||20 hours||20 hours|
|Charging Time||5 hours 30 minutes||4 hours|
|Pair with other speakers||150+ Boom/Megabooms||Up to 100 Connect+|
|Waterproof||IP67 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Work as a Power bank||No||Yes|
|3.5mm mini headphone jack||No||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities: UE Megaboom 3 vs JBL Charge 4
These Bluetooth speakers come with a cylinders shape design. Both speakers are covered with high-quality fabrics that give them a more premium outlook. UE Megaboom 3 is more portable than JBL Charge 4.
This speaker comes with 2.04 pounds weight, and JBL Charge 4 comes with a 3.21pounds weight. Lightweight is more accessible to carry than a heavy one. You will get two massive plus and minus buttons on the top of the speakers.
JBL Charge 4 and UE Megaboom 3 both have come with decent battery backup. But Charge 4 has a powerful 7500mAh battery capacity, and it will last for more than 20 hours. At the same time, Megaboom 3 also comes with 20 hours of battery backup, but it’s not powerful as Charge 4.
In addition, this speaker has a USB-C port, so you can charge your phones or tablets with this speaker. In comparison, the USB-C port is not available on Megaboom 3.
Sound Quality and Bass:
Both speakers come with their best sound quality. JBL Charge 4 has a dual passive radiator which gives you great bass than the other one. While Megaboom 3 does not have any radiator. Megaboom 3 has a 360 degree sound system that will deliver the sound from every angle. But JBL charge 4 does not have this feature.
You will get multiple variants color options with both speakers. For example, JBL Charge 4 gives you 12 variants color options while its competitor provides only 3 color options. So, you can select your favorite color according to your taste.
Charge 4 can pair with 100 connect+ enabled speakers that enhance your speaker sound quality. On the other hand, UE Megaboom can connect with more than 150 Boom/Megaboom speakers. That amplifies your listening experience to another level.
UE Megaboom 3 has IP67 rated waterproof feature which means this speaker is super waterproof and dustproof. So, you don’t need to worry about this speaker while you have beachside parties. On the other hand, Charge 4 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. However, it’s not powerful as Megaboom 3.
Durability and Warranty:
These speakers are built with high-quality fabric, which makes them more durable. You can use these speakers at outdoor parties without any worry. The waterproof feature enhances their durability more. JBL offers 1 Year warranty while its competitor Megaboom 3 offers 2 Years of limited warranty.
After reading all of the discussion, you know that’s why I recommend JBL Charge 4 speaker that comes with a better Bluetooth range, a powerful battery, and has a connect+ feature. Otherwise, UE Megaboom 3 is also a better speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Megaboom 3 & JBL Charge 4
|What is the dimension of Megaboom 3?
The Dimension of Megaboom 3 is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches.
Does Megaboom 3 come with any speakerphone?
No, there is no speakerphone available with these speakers.
Can I charge My tablets through JBL Charge 4?
Yes, you can. There is a USB port for charging any phone and tablet.
What is the bass quality of JBL Charge 4?
Great, This Speaker has a dual passive radiator that enhances the bass quality.
You can also read some other speaker comparisons below: