If you are confused about choosing one between UE Megablast and Megaboom 3, I recommend you choose Megaboom 3 for its amazing features.
Why I Recommend to Choose Megaboom 3?
- Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3 produces intense bass with no exaggeration or distortion. So, you can hear and feel any music simultaneously. But UE Megablast creates regular bass that comparatively is less powerful and clear.
- Megaboom 3 gives you massive 20 hours of battery backup, while Megablast provides only 12 hours of battery backup. That’s why you don’t need to stop anywhere for charging Megaboom 3 frequently.
- You can connect this device with other Boom/Megaboom speakers. On the contrary, you can’t connect its competitor with other speakers.
- This speaker’s weight is 2.4 pounds, and UE Megablast weight is 3.7 pounds. As a result, it will be easy to carry Megaboom 3 anywhere, even during an extreme adventure.
For best sound quality and strong bass, Megaboom3 would be a perfect choice. However, think before making any investment.
- Both speakers are IP67 rated waterproof devices, which give you complete protection from water and rain.
- They are built with high-end fabric, which will allow you to drop them, kick them, headbang with them, even spill your drink on them.
- You will get a magic control button on the body of the speaker. With this one button, you can easily control your playlist.
So, these features are available on both speakers. But for the long-lasting device, you should choose Megaboom 3.
Quick Comparison: UE Megablast vs Megaboom 3
|UE Megaboom 3
|4.6 out of 5
|4.8 out of 5
|Variants colors available
|Variants colors available
|150+ Boom/ Megaboom
|Wireless charging options
|1 Lithium polymer battery
|1 Lithium-ion battery
|3.5 x 3.5 x 9.4 inches
|3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches
|3.5mm audio jack
|Wireless charging feature
|360 degree sound system
|Maximum Sound level
Differences & Similarities: UE Megablast and Megaboom 3
These two speakers have almost the same design, but their size has a few differences. Both speakers come in a cylindrical shape. Megaboom 3 bodyweight is 2.4 pounds, and its dimension is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches. On the other hand, UE Megablast weight is 3.7 pounds, and its dimension is 3.5 x 3.5 x 9.4 pounds.
Lightweight is always better than a heavy one, and you can carry it anywhere you want. You will get two large-size plus and minus buttons to control the volume. And others buttons are available on the top of the speakers. Both have 360 degrees sound system feature, which gives you sound from every angle.
The Megaboom 3 gives you powerful battery backup. It comes with 20 hours of battery life while its competitor gives only 12 hours battery backup. Long battery life means more time for music. You can charge these speakers via a Micro-USB charger. In addition, you can charge Megaboom 3 wirelessly because it has a dock system charger.
Sound Quality and Bass:
Ultimate Ears Speakers give you the most powerful and immersive sound quality of other speakers. Megaboom 3 comes with an intense bass which will provide you with the best ear-catching sound experience. In addition, you won’t feel any distortion at any bass level. On the other hand, UE Megablast comes with decent sound quality and provides louder sound.
Controls and Button:
There is a Bluetooth and power button, which is available on the top of the speakers. In addition, you will get a magic button that allows you to control the device with a single touch. You can also manage your playlist through the switch.
Party up App:
You can connect with other speakers by using Party up the app. Then you will get louder sound and bass during the Party. This advanced feature permits you to connect to 150+ Mega boom/Boom speakers. On the other hand, UE Megablast does not have this feature. That’s a big negative point for this speaker.
Both speakers have a standard IP67 waterproof rating. That means these are super waterproof and dustproof speakers. So you can play these devices in a dust area without having any problem. This advanced feature makes them more durable.
Durability and Warranty:
UE Megablast and Megaboom 3 are built with premium quality material that makes them durable on any surface. Thus, for the high-rated waterproof feature, there won’t be any issue with water or rain. In addition, you will get 2 years of warranty with these speakers. So if you have any with your product in this warranty period, it will be fixed without any cost.
Both speakers include a lot of upgraded features. Megaboom 3 is the best speaker between these two because of its lightweight, long battery life, and better sound quality. Otherwise, UE Megablast also provides better sound and bass. The choice is yours.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Megablast and Megaboom 3
|Which batteries are used in UE Megablast?
The Megablast comes with 1 Lithium polymer battery.
Does this Megablast have a speakerphone feature for calls?
No, It does not have any speakerphone feature.
Can UE Megablast pair with Megaboom 3?
No, you can’t. One can pair Megaboom and Boom speakers with each other and Megablast and Blast speakers with each other, but you can’t pair Megaboom with Magablast speakers.
What is the dimension of Megaboom 3?
The dimension of the Megaboom 3 is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches.
You can check some other speaker comparisons below: