UE Boom and Megaboom both are excellent speakers and promise you to provide ear-catching sound quality. However, if you are wondering which one would be better, I highly recommend you choose Megaboom.
Why I Recommend to Pick Megaboom?
- UE Megaboom comes with a 100-ft Bluetooth rage that is perfect for a big party. In contrast, UE Boom’s range is only 50-ft, which is suitable for a small event.
- This Bluetooth speaker can connect with 150+ Boom 2/Megaboom speakers, while Megaboom allows connecting only 8 speakers. So, Megaboom provides a massive sound to take your parties to the whole next level.
- It gives you 20 hours of battery backup, so you don’t need to charge them frequently. In contrast, UE Boom comes with only 15 hours of backup.
- With the Megaboom app, you can unlock features like Block party, Musical alarm, tap controls, customizable EQ, etc. On the other hand, these facilities aren’t available on UE Boom.
- This Speaker is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. So, you don’t have to worry about water and spills. But, UE Boom doesn’t have any standard waterproof rating.
- Megaboom comes with a lower frequency rate 65Hz that gives rich sound with superb bass. On the contrary, UE Boom‘s frequency rate is 90Hz.
These are the vital functions that make Megaboom the best Speaker here. Thus, select this Bluetooth Speaker if you want to have a better musical adventure.
- Their built quality is very premium than others speakers.
- Both speakers come with multiple color variants so, you can choose any color based on your personality.
- They can connect with numerous enabled speakers for louder sound.
- Both speakers have 360 degrees sound system that gives rich, resonant sound at every angle.
So, these are similar features that you get in both speakers. However, for a better sound experience, Megaboom would be the best Speaker.
Quick Comparison: UE Boom vs Megaboom
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.22 pounds||1.93 pounds|
|Product Dimension||2.8 x 2.8 x 7.1 inches||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal Battery Required||1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Colors||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Warranty||2 Year||2 Year|
Differences & Similarities: UE Boom and Megaboom
UE Boom and Megaboom come with the same outlook. The difference between these speakers is the size. Megaboom weight is 1.93 pounds, and dimension is 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches. On the other hand, UE Boom’s weight is 1.22 pounds, and its dimension is 2.8 x 2.8 x 7.1 inches.
On the side of the speakers, you will get two large volume control buttons. And other buttons are situated on the top of the speakers. They are built with premium fabrics, but Megaboom has better-built quality than the Boom.
Both speakers are suitable for outdoor parties. Megaboom has a powerful battery with 20 hours of backup. So, you don’t need to charge it frequently. In contrast, UE Boom comes with only 15 hours of battery backup. So, if you want to enjoy your party for a long time, then Megaboom would be the ideal pick.
A higher waterproof rating makes the device more durable. Megaboom is an IPX7 rated speaker. So, this feature protects the device from water and spills. You can also submerge the device 1m into the water for 30 minutes. On the other hand, UE Boom doesn’t have any standard waterproof rating.
Sound and Bass:
Ultimate Ears always provide the best sound quality. Because of the updated drivers, both speakers give you better sound output. Furthermore, they have 360 degrees sound system on their body, giving you a bold and rich resonant sound in every direction.
In addition, the Megaboom will provide you with deep rich bass and a louder sound. On the other hand, UE Boom also gives you a better sound quality.
These speakers have multiple color variant options. For example, UE Boom has three color variants Black, Superhero, and White. Besides, Megaboom comes with four color variants Charcoal Black, Lava Red, Electric Blue, and Plum. From these colors options, you can select your desired one.
Double Up and PartyUp:
This Speaker can pair with 150+ Boom 2 or Megaboom speakers. You have to download the app for using this feature. This feature gives you a louder sound with great bass. On the other hand, its competitor UE Boom can connect with 2 speakers for a stereo and robust sound quality.
Durability and Warranty:
These two speakers are made with premium quality materials that make them more durable. Hence, Megaboom has a higher waterproof rating which also enhances its durability. In addition, UE offers two years of warranty from the manufacturer.
Boom and Megaboom is the 1st Bluetooth speaker from UE. Both speakers are lightweight and suitable to carry anywhere. However, longer battery life, higher waterproof rating, and better sound quality made Megaboom the best. So, I strongly suggest you buy this Speaker. Otherwise, UE Boom is also a good speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Boom and Megaboom
|Can these Speaker be use while it’s plugged in?
Yes, you can use them while charging the Speaker.
What is the size dimension of Megaboom?
The Dimension of Megaboom is 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches.
Is there any sound distortion in a higher bass level?
No, The sound is crystal clear at any bass level.
Can I connect Megaboom with other speakers?
Yes, you can connect multiple Boom2/Megaboom speakers that give you louder sound.
Does this battery take too long to be fully charged?
No, it doesn’t take too much time to be fully charged.
You can also read some other speaker comparisons below: