Do you want to get the best Bluetooth speaker between UE Boom 3 and Megaboom? Then I highly recommend you to choose UE Boom 3 as it comes with some advanced features.
Why We Recommend UE Boom 3?
- UE Boom 3 creates deep and accurate bass that ensures rich bass texture with no exaggeration or distortion. In contrast, Megaboom provides regular bass.
- Its weight is 1.34 pounds, while Megaboom weight is 1.93 pounds. So it’s more lightweight than Megaboom, which is effortless to carry.
- This speaker has a magic button that lets you control the playlist of any streaming music directly with a single touch. On the other hand, this button is not available on Megaboom.
- You can charge this speaker wirelessly while its competitor Megaboom does not come with this advanced feature.
- It is an IP67 rated waterproof speaker, which makes it water and dustproof. And this speaker also can float in the water. But, at the same time, UE Boom 3 is just an ordinary IPX7 rated Bluetooth speaker, and it won’t float in the water.
- Boom 3 can be connected from 150ft. On the other hand, Megaboom’s Bluetooth range is only 100ft.
- You will get a charging dock to charge Boom 3 wirelessly, and it’s always ready to use anywhere. On the other hand, Megaboom does not have any charging dock option.
These advanced features keep UE Boom 3 one step ahead of Megaboom. So if you want to have a better musical adventure, then go for this one.
- Both speakers were built with high-quality materials that made them more durable.
- They can connect with multiple speakers and provide better sound.
- You will get variants of color options with these speakers. You can choose any color according to your choice.
- Both speakers are the standard waterproof rated devices which is protect your device from water and spills.
So, these similar features you will get with both speakers. However, for better sound and advanced features, you can choose Boom 3.
Quick Comparison: UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom
|Specifications||UE Boom 3||Megaboom|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Weight||1.34 pounds||1.93 pounds|
|Product Dimension||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches||3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches|
|Battery||1 A Battery Required||1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Waterproof||IP67 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Frequency range||90Hz-20kHz||65Hz – 20khz|
|Wireless charging dock||Yes||No|
|Warranty||2 Year||2 Year|
Differences & Similarities Between UE Boom 3 and Megaboom
Both speakers have almost the same outlook at a glance. But there are a few differences in their size. Its weight is 1.34 pounds, whereas its competitor Megaboom’s weight is 1.93 pounds.
A lightweight device is easier to carry anywhere. With these speakers, you will get two large volume controls buttons that are available on the side. Other buttons are laced on the top of the speakers.UE Boom 3 and Megaboom speakers body made with premium fabrics.
Before buying any speaker, you need to consider the battery part. Megaboom gives you 20 hours of battery life, while Boom 3 gives only 15 hours of battery backup.
So if you want to enjoy a music party more time, Megaboom would be a great choice. In addition, UE Boom 3 has a power-up charging dock that allows charged the speaker wirelessly. On the other hand, Megaboom does not have this feature.
Sound and Bass:
These two speakers give you better sound quality because they have updated drivers that provide better output. The sound quality of Boom 3 is excellent, and its 360-degree body provides you with a bold and rich sound at every angle. In addition, the sound always stays clear on any level of bass.
Higher-rated waterproof speakers last for a long time. UE Boom is an IP67 rated device which means this device is waterproof and dustproof. It also floats in the water. In contrast, its competitor Megaboom is an IPX7 rated device. So it’s only a waterproof device, and it can not float in the water.
Both speakers can connect with 100 similar speakers that give you a louder sound. So, you can use these speakers at outdoor parties. You have to use the PartyUp feature; otherwise, you can not connect with other speakers.
Magic Button and Controls:
You will get a Magic button on the top of the UE Boom 3. You can control your playlist, skip, play and pause songs with this single touch. In addition, a bungee hanger is placed on the UE Boom 3 that makes you comfortable to carry this speaker.
Durability and Warranty:
These Bluetooth speakers cover with high-quality materials that enhance their durability and last long. Both speakers come with standard waterproof ratings that improve their durability features.
In addition, UE offers 2 Years of limited warranty. At this time, if your product faces any issue, then it will be fixed without any cost. If you consider durability, then Boom 3 will be a better option.
I think you have already made your decision about which speakers are best for you. Still, if you don’t understand which speaker is best, I tell you Boom 3 would be the best choice.
Because it’s easy to carry, can be charged wirelessly, and have a standard-rated waterproof feature. All of these things make Boom 3 the best if you want long battery life, you can choose Megaboom.
Frequently Asked Questions About UE Boom 3 and Megaboom
|Is this possible to connect multiple speakers at the same time?
Yes, it’s possible. For example, you can connect up to 100Boom/Megaboom Speakers.
Does Boom 3 have a wireless charging feature?
Yes, it has. There is a charging dock available on the speaker body. So, you can charge this speaker wirelessly.
What is the dimension of Megaboom?
The Dimension of Megaboom is 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches.
Is there any speakerphone available to answers the calls?
Sadly, there is no speakerphone available on these speakers.
Is Boom 3 have any distortion for high-bass levels?
No, The sound stays crystal clear at any level of bass.
Read more comparisons below: