UE Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 are popular speakers in the market. But Megaboom 3 gives you the best sound quality with some advanced features.
What Features Made Megaboom 3 Best?
- Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3 provides a powerfully loud and clear sound with deep thundering bass. On the contrary, Ultimate Ears Boom 3 produces a clear sound, but it has less bass.
- This speaker has a more powerful battery than the other one. It gives you 20 hours of music playback time, while Boom 3 comes with only 15 hours. So you can enjoy music longer time with Megaboom.
- Megaboom 3 comes with a lower frequency rate from 60Hz-20khz, so you will have better bass. On the other hand, Boom 3 frequency range is 90Hz-20kHz.
- It is built mighty and fit for any adventure because this speaker passed 25 severe durability tests, including thousands of button pushes and multiple drop tests. In contrast, Boom 3 didn’t go through any trial.
For these reasons, UE Megaboom 3 is better than Boom 3. Moreover, this speaker makes you more delighted with their output in both the sound and bass segments.
- UE Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 come with the same rated waterproof rating that lets you submerge them in the water for up to 30 minutes.
- They have come with premium bass and sound quality, which turn the music to life whenever you listen to it.
- Both speakers have a Magic Button that ensures convenient control of any streaming music.
- Both can be paired with 150+ boom or Megaboom speakers.
So, these are similar features between both speakers. However, for the best sound quality and more extended music play button, you have to choose Megaboom 3.
Quick Comparison: UE Boom 3 and Megaboom 3
|Specifications||UE Boom 3||Megaboom 3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.8 pounds||2.04 pounds|
|Product Dimension||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches||3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches|
|Color||Lagoon Blue, Night Black, Sunset Red, Ultraviolet purple.||Lagoon Blue, Night Black, Sunset Red.|
|Battery Type||1 Lithium-ion battery required||1 CR123A battery required|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Charging Time||5 hours 30 minutes||5 hours 30 minutes|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Differences and Similarities: UE Boom 3 vs Megaboom 3
Both speakers design almost the same, but the only difference is the size. UE Boom 3 is small in size and easy to carry. Its weight is 1.8 pounds, and its dimension is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches. On the other hand, Megaboom 3 is more prominent, its weight is 2.04 pounds, and its dimension is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches.
With these speakers, you will get two big sizes plus and minus buttons to control the volume. Other buttons are available on the top of the speakers. Their body built with cross-dyed fabrics. They have a magic button, which is used to control the playlist with a single touch.
Sound quality and bass:
Megabom 3 gives you better sound quality than Boom 3. But, you won’t get any lack of sound at any level. The frequency rate is low in this speaker which means you will get better bass. While UE Boom 3 doesn’t provide better bass. So, if you enjoy the music properly, then Megaboom 3 would be the best pick.
The battery is an essential part of any Bluetooth speaker. With Megaboom 3, you will get a powerful backup. It comes with 20 hours of battery backup, while UE Boom 3 gives you only 15 hours of battery backup. So, you can enjoy your music session long time with Megaboom 3.
Magic Button and Boom app:
You can control your playlist easily with the Boom app. With these speakers, you will get magic button features. For example, this one button allows you to play and change the song from your playlist.
You can connect your speaker with more than 150+ Boom or Megabomm speakers through the Party up feature. That made you sound crystal clear and louder. So, to connect with other speakers, you need to install the Boom app.
Both speakers are IP67 certified rated waterproof devices. That means they are super waterproof and dustproof. You can also submerge it into the water 1meter for 30 minutes. For being dustproof, you can use these devices in the full dust area.
Ultimate Ears Boom 3 and Megaboom 3 both have variants color options. With Megaboom 3, you will get 3 variants of colors options- lagoon blue, night black, and sunset red. On the other hand, with UE Boom 3 you will get 4 variants of color options, lagoon blue, night black, sunset red, and ultraviolet purple. So, you can select any of these colors based on your personality.
Durability and Warranty:
Ultimate Ears have top-notched designed speakers in their collection and are made from premium quality materials. That made them more strong, and their waterproof feature makes them more durable than others speakers. In addition, UE offers 2 years of limited warranty.
After these discussions, you have already made up your mind to which device is best for you. Still, I recommend you buy Megaboom 3 because of its longer battery, low frequency, better sound quality, and premium outlook. So, the decision is yours.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Boom 3 and Megaboom 3
|What is the Dimension of UE Boom 3?
The dimension of UE Boom 3 is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches.
Which devices give you longer battery life?
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3 gives you 20 hours of battery life. So you will enjoy your payback time a little bit longer than UE Boom.
Does Megaboom 3 have a speakerphone?
No, there is a speakerphone that comes with Megaboom 3.
Are these speakers support Airpods?
No, they are not supported by Airpods.
You may have interest in other comparisons below: