UE Boom 3 and JBL Flip 5 both can provide excellent sound quality. But I strongly recommend you to choose UE Boom 3 for its advanced features.
Why I Recommend USE Boom 3?
- This device gives you 15 hours of battery backup on a single charge. At the same time, its competitor comes with only 12 hours of battery backup. So, UE Boom 3 brings your music to life whenever you use it.
- UE Boom 3 is waterproof with IP67 water and dustproof rating. Even this speaker can be submerged in water for up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. Besides, Flip 5 is IPX7 rated, which is not safe like Boom 3.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with a new magic button, so you can play music, pause, skip and control live music with one touch of a button. On the other hand, Flip 5 does not have this advanced function.
- You can charge this speaker wirelessly because it has a power-up dock system. In contrast, the other speaker does not have this advanced feature.
- This device can connect with 150+ Boom or other mega boom devices with the help of the PartyUp feature. So it makes your music clear. On the contrary, JBL Flip 5 can connect 100 devices only.
These mentioned features make UE Boom 3 the best speaker here. Judge all the features and decide what you need.
- UE Boom 3 and JBL Flip 5 have waterproof features, so your speaker is always safe from rain or poolside water splash.
- They have come with fast charging feature, which charges these devices fully within a few hours.
- Both speakers are made with premium quality fabric, making them more durable and lightweight.
- Their speaker has good sound quality with fantastic bass, which makes the music live and smooth.
These are similar features you will get with both speakers. However, for the best sound quality with advanced facilities, you have to choose UE Boom 3.
|Specification||JBL Flip 5||UE Boom 3|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||1.8 pounds|
|Product Dimension||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Battery Life||12 hours||15 hours|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Connectivity Range||75 ft||150 ft|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Pairing system||Connect +||Party up|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Year|
Differences and Similarities: UE Boom 3 vs JBL Flip 5
Design and Portability:
JBL Flip 5 and UE Boom are cylindrical-shaped Bluetooth speakers. The JBL Flip 5 comes with an excellent outlook carrying with a strap so that you can have it with you. On the other hand, UE Boom 3 is a compelling speaker which is very lightweight and small in size.
You can take it anywhere comfortably. Moreover, a magic button is on the top of the UE Boom 3. You can control your music lists with a single one-touch button. JBL Flip 5 dimension is 7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches and weighs only 1.2 pounds. Besides, its competitor dimension is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches, and its weight is 1.8 pounds.
UE Boom provides the best sound quality; it will give you the same sounds from any angle for its 360 degrees sound delivery feature.JBL Flip 5 also delivers better sound quality. But it does not have a 360 degrees sound delivery feature.
The battery is an essential part of any Bluetooth speaker. Both speakers provide excellent battery backup. The JBL Flip 5 provides you with 12 hours of battery backup, and UE Boom gives you 15 hours of backup on a single charge. If battery backup is essential for you, then UE Boom would be the best choice.
UE Boom is waterproof with IP67 rated. So you can feel relax whenever you enjoy any pool or beachside party. On the other hand, the JBL Flip 5 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. But its protection level is not good as UE Boom.
The JBL Flip 5 allows you to pair more than 1 speaker. If you want to play music without using other speakers, the JBL Flip 5 is ideal. On the other hand, UE Boom allows you to pair multiple speakers. If you want big parties, then this speaker is the best pick for you.
Boom 3 comes with their super bass quality; it indeed enhances your party mode. With this speaker, the sound will stay clear and smooth at any level of bass. Besides, JBL Flip 5 also has good quality bass, but UE Boom will be the winner if we judged both.
In the Box:
Normally, no one wants to miss anything from the buying product. But, you also want to know what comes with the box, including the product. So, UE Boom 3 contain these things:
- The UE Boom 3
- One Micro USB charging cable
- Quick start guide
The JBL flip5 contains these things:
- One JBL Flip 5
- One type C USB cable
- One quick start guide
- One warranty card
- One safety sheet
Durability and Warranty:
Both speaker’s build quality is so premium, so they are super durable. They are perfect for any party. But Boom 3 is super durable because of its waterproof IP67 rated device. In addition, you will have a 2 years warranty with this UE Boom 3 speaker and 1 year for the Flip 5.
JBL Flip 5 and UE Boom 3 are fantastic speakers for any party. If you want a better sound quality speaker and a super durable device, then Boom 3 is the best option. Otherwise, Flip 5 is also a better choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about UE Boom 3 VS JBL Flip 5
|Is it take too long to charge the battery?|
No, it does not take too much time to charge the battery. On the contrary, it takes only a few hours.
Can I connect the UE Boom 3 with other massive speakers?
Yes, it can be paired with Boom and Megaboom devices.
Is this possible to receive calls from the devices?
Unfortunately, you can obtain it only on Boom 3. Flip 5 does not have a microphone.
Can I replace the battery?
Yes, the speaker has a Lithium battery that can be replaceable.
Check some other comparisons below: