Sony WH1000XM3 is an excellent headset with some outstanding features. Of course, the Beats Studio is also a great headphone, but Some specs make the Sony WH1000XM3 worthy of a powerpack headset.
Why Sony WH1000XM3 is Worthy?
- Sony WH1000XM3 allows an extreme power backup with 30 hours of massive battery life, which is possible with a single charge. The user does not have to worry about recurring charges for this advantage, which ensures more reliability on long journeys and long-term exercise. On the contrary, the Beats Studio 3 delivers 22 hours of battery life. This battery life is pretty much enough for a daily user, but a professional level battery backup is available on Sony WH1000XM3.
- It comes with an industry-level Active Noise Cancellation option that can personalize, ensuring a soundproof experience virtually. Consequently, Beats Studio 3 has a pure active noise canceling feature that can block unwanted sound while listening to music, but it doesn’t support personally adjustable noise canceling.
- Sony puts three different built-in microphones on this headset. Those microphones boost their sound quality by working on different headphone segments. In addition, these mics help to develop remarkable ANC and voice receiving. Whereas the Beats Studio 3 holds two built-in mics on the headset. That’s why the Beats Studio is pretty behind with ANC from the Sony WH1000XM3.
- The control panel of the Sony WH1000XM3 is fully touch organized that provides a professional look to the headset, making the control easier and futuristic. Consequently, the Beats Studio 3 comes with the standard analog control system which is convenient too but Sony WH1000XM3 is more updated and trendy.
- Its Quick Attention Mode makes this headset more consistent and can help turn down the music level by covering up the right ear cups, which is crucial to the sudden conversation. Unfortunately, Studio 3 didn’t come along with that mode.
- This headset has an extra dedicated NC(noise-canceling) processor that manages especially ANC segments. Therefore, it executes ANC properly, ensuring excellent accuracy. On the other hand, Beats Studio 3 runs pure ANC via Apple’s W1 chip. Which is the central processor, and there is no additional processor for ANC.
The Sony WH1000XM3 is more powerful and compatible with features than the Beats Studio 3. The Beats Studio 3 has some professional features, but Sony WH1000XM3 is better and promises futuristic specs.
Similar Features of Sony and Studio 3
- The built-in mic makes these headphones handsfree, and they are capable with voice assistants like Alexa in Sony WH1000XM3 and Siri on Beats Studio 3.
- Both headsets have a processor for noise canceling, which allows the user to feel the music without latency.
- These headsets are over-ear headphones and designed to be foldable, which helps carry the headset easily.
- The Sony WH1000XM3 and the Beats Studio are compatible with android and iOS.
Comparison Table: Sony WH1000XM3 vs Beats Studio 3
|Specifications||Sony WH1000XM3||Beats Studio 3|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Battery Life||30 hours||22 hours|
|Audio chip||Sony Q1||Apple’s W1 chip|
|Android ™ compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Water + Sweat resistance||No||No|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Things you can consider about Beats Studio 3
- Beats Studio 3 is more comfortable to wear than Sony WH1000XM3 because this headset fits perfectly over-ear, whereas people found Sony WH1000XM3 somewhat bulky.
- The price of Beats Studio is slightly lower than Sony WH1000XM3, which is justified according to the features.
Eventually, the Beats Studio 3 is a well-made solid performer headset. Though the Sony WH1000XM3 is ahead in some advanced features, the Beats Studio 3 is consistent with its features.
Difference & Similarities: Sony WH1000XM3 and Beats Studio 3
The Sony WH1000XM3 becomes irresistible with the battery life. Its 30 hours nonstop power supply makes the headset the ultimate power pack and reliable, ensuring more workouts and adaptability with the music.
On the other hand, the Beats Studio 3 also contains a powerful battery that delivers 22 hours of battery backup. This backup is immensely satisfying, but more power provides consistency, and that consistency goes with Sony WH1000XM3.
Active Noise Cancellation(ANC)
Both headphones provide excellent quality ANC. However, the Sony WH1000XM3 holds industry-level noise canceling, and the Beats Studio 3 includes pure ANC. In this segment, the Sony WH1000XM3 is better because it uses a Sony Q1 audio chipset and a dedicated noise cancellation processor.
In contrast, the Beats Studio 3 is run by Apple’s W1 chipset, and there is no dedicated noise-canceling processor. So, it is understandable that Beats Studio 3 is briefly behind with ANC from the Sony WH1000XM3.
There are three mics available on the Sony WH1000XM3, and they work on different sections of the headset but combine specific outcomes, which confirms super ANC. Unfortunately, the Beats studio added two mics, so its ANC is not that compatible with the Sony WH1000XM3 .therefore, the built-in mic used on these headsets is quite brilliant with the performance. These mics can receive every sound detail and make an outstanding audio recording and ultra-smooth calling.
Beats Studio 3 has Apple’s W1 chipset that boosts the headset and improves super performance with accurate optimization. Also, the Sony WH1000XM3 is the same on optimization holding Sony Q1 audio chipset. So, there is always some extra advantage with the sound quality for having an audio chipset because good quality becomes extreme with an audio chipset.
These headsets are so premium and well organized with the sound quality. These two headsets are quite the same with sound quality. But, from user experience, we can find the Sony WH1000XM3 better because of its balance of bass and ANC.
Both headsets issued a 12 monthly official warranty, which starts from the purchasing day. In addition, Sony and Beats studio commit to fixing specific eternal problems.
Some essential differences make the Sony WH1000XM3 superior to the Beats Studio 3. The critical segments like battery life, ANC, and sound quality are less updated in the Beats Studio 3. If you need a professional and updated features headset, you should go for the Sony WH1000XM3.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beats Studio 3 and Sony WH1000XM3
|Are these headsets compatible with the computer?
Yes, they can connect with a Bluetooth-enabled computer.
Can we get extra ear cups?
Unfortunately no, these headsets do not come with any extra earcups.
Do they prefer multiple connections?
Only The Sony WH1000XM3 has multiple connection abilities. But it cannot play music on two devices simultaneously, and it allows one device with the music and the other with audio call.
Do they offer any carrying cases?
Yes, they give a carrying case with these headsets.
You may read some other headphone comparisons below: