Sennheiser Momentum and Sennheiser Momentum 2 are two great wireless earbuds. After experiencing all the properties and features of these headphones, I strongly recommend you go for the Sennheiser Momentum 2 as it offers you the best user experiences.
Why I Recommend Sennheiser Momentum 2?
- Sennheiser Momentum 2 has an improved active noise cancellation feature that will help you listen to music without raising the volume excessively. On the other hand, the Sennheiser Momentum does not have this essential property.
- This Earphone has a powerful battery duration which will let you listen to music for up to 28 hours, but the other one can provide you at best twelve hours of listening time which is far less than the first one.
- With the charging case of the Sennheiser Momentum 2, you can charge the earphones maximum of four times. While the Sennheiser Momentum only lets you get charged for at best two times. This shows that the Sennheiser Momentum 2 can provide you more hassle-free user experience.
- It has an equalizer software filter that will make sure the adjustment of the loudness of specific frequency. In contrast, the other one does not have this crucial feature anymore.
- Sennheiser Momentum 2 is an updated product that offers you a more comfortable user experience. On the other hand, the Sennheiser Momentum does not fit with the ear of so many people, which feels uncomfortable.
- The Bluetooth connectivity of the Sennheiser Momentum 2 is 5.1 that will provide you faster connectivity with your devices. But, the Sennheiser Momentum has only 5.0, which is a bit less powerful.
- The customizable touch control of the device will let you monitor your music, calls, and so on. Although the Sennheiser Momentum has touch control, it is not customizable.
If you want a better quality earphone, you must go with the Sennheiser momentum 2, considering its improved properties mentioned above.
- The frequency response of these wireless Sennheiser momentum earbuds is 21000 Hz, providing you a stunning and accurate sound quality when you listen to music, whether in low, middle, or high tones.
- These two earbuds are compatible with iOS and Android devices as well. So, you can connect them with any of the devices that you have.
- These headphones usually take one and a half hours to get a full charge. That means you need to keep patience for the given time mentioned earlier to charge them fully.
- The form factor of the Sennheiser momentum earphones is in-ear, providing you a comfortable listening time with them.
- There are twenty-four months of manufacturer warranty with these Sennheiser momentum earphones. You will get free repair service for any manufacturer damages/defects.
Quick Comparison: Sennheiser Momentum vs Momentum 2
|Sennheiser Momentum 2
|3.8 out of 5
|4.8 out of 5
|Charging case Capability
|Two full extra Charges
|Four full extra Charges
|Four hours to twelve hours
|Seven to twenty-eight hours
|Active Noise Cancellation
|Android and iOS
|Android and iOS
|3.097 x 1.77 x 1.38 inches
|6.69 x 4.53 x 1.77 inches
|Single Earbud Weight
Similarities & Differences: Sennheiser Momentum vs Momentum 2
The first impression is significant about anything else. In this regard, these wireless Sennheiser momentum headphones will get full marks. They look stunning to see with a compact built quality. Moreover, these earphones are small in size, so you can put them into your ear quickly and comfortably.
The color of these Sennheiser momentum headphones is black, plus they are lightweight. The charging case weight of the Sennheiser momentum is 56.6 grams, and the single earbud is 6.6 grams with 3.097 x 1.77 x 1.38 inches of product dimension.
And, the Sennheiser momentum 2 is also a lightweight device of 6 grams single earbud and charging case 58 grams with 6.69 x 4.53 x 1.77 inches of device dimension. So, in this regard, this Earphone is a bit more lightweight, and you can go with this f you like to have one like this.
There is a difference among people, some of them are like louder sounds, and some are low, but one thing is common to everyone, which is expecting a quality sound. In this regard, these Sennheiser momentum earphones will provide you stunning sound quality as they are propertied with 21000 frequency responses. So, you can go with any one of them as you like because they are the same in this respect.
Connectivity and Compatible Devices
Getting the fastest connectivity with an earphone is a must-wanted benefit for all the users. Because when you are using wireless headphones, then the connectivity becomes the primary matter of concern. In this regard, the Sennheiser momentum 2 provides a solid and improved Bluetooth feature 5.1, which will let you connect the Earphone with your devices.
But, on the other hand, the Sennheiser momentum also provides you with 5.0 Bluetooth properties, which is also an exemplary linker. But, here, I will recommend you go with the Sennheiser momentum 2 as it offers you more vital connectivity.
Besides, it is natural to think about knowing the compatible devices when buying any earphones. In this regard, you can connect these Sennheiser momentum headphones with your Android and iOS devices.
There are three more traditional forms of headphones, and different people have various types of interest in this respect. These Sennheiser momentum earphones are in-ear that you can put in your ear. They are small in size, plus they provide you with a hassle-free user experience as there is no wire to be used. Another crucial benefit of them which is they are lightweight as well.
Active Noise Cancellation
The active noise cancellation feature is must be needed to expect a better listening time even in a noisy place. The Sennheiser Momentum 2 has a dynamic noise cancellation feature to help you listen to music without raising the volume excessively. This Earphone can skip the outside noise and provide you with quality sound.
On the other hand, the Sennheiser Momentum does not have this essential property. So, you can choose the Sennheiser Momentum 2 without any further steps.
As wireless Bluetooth headphones are used without connecting wire, we must keep the battery durability in mind. In this matter, you can get an excellent listening time with the Sennheiser Momentum 2. It can provide you up to twenty-eight hours of listening time with a full charge. However, another critical issue is, you can charge your earbuds at least four times with their charging case, and it takes one and a half hours to get a full charge on your buds.
Besides, the Sennheiser Momentum offers you up to twelve hours of listening time with a full charge. The charging case will let you charge your buds at least two times, and it also will take at most one and a half hours to get a full charge.
Touch control is a fantastic feature that offers with these Sennheiser Momentum headphones. It lets you control the earbuds, plus you can monitor your incoming call, listening music or change music, and so on. But, with the Sennheiser Momentum 2, you can use this touch control by customizing it at any time.
Durability and Warranty
Durability and warranty are crucial issues as everyone wants their Earphone should last for a certain period. In this matter, these Sennheiser Momentum earphones should get the full mark because you will get twenty-four months of manufactures warranty.
In this period, if there is any producer’s fault you can feel with the earphones, you can use your security. But, you must keep them from any harm done by yourself and stay fresh to see. Otherwise, you will not be eligible to use their twenty-four-month of warranty.
In the end, I would like to assure you, if you want to get a better earphone then you must go with the Sennheiser Momentum 2 because of its improved features and its more updated gadget. For example, it offers you an active noise cancellation feature, customizable touch control.
In addition, a 5.1 Bluetooth connectivity will let you have faster connectivity, plus a powerful battery duration, which will allow you to listen to music for up to twenty-eight hours. Besides, you can charge the earphones maximum of four times with the charging case, equalizer software filter, and so on.
Therefore, you can also buy the Sennheiser Momentum if you like, but I will emphasize the Sennheiser Momentum 2.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sennheiser Momentum vs Momentum 2
|Question: Is there a built-in mic with the Sennheiser Momentum, and if so, how good is the quality?
Answer: There is a mic with Sennheiser Momentum, but it is not up to the mark.
Question: Is the Sennheiser Momentum water-resistant?
Answer: Barely not suitable for heavy sweat workouts or extended time in the rain. The sound is incredible, especially when using an HD music service.
Question: Do the Sennheiser Momentum has noise cancellations?
Answer: Thanks for your question. The Sennheiser Momentum in-ear headphone does not include technology.
Question: How waterproof are these Sennheiser Momentum headphones?
Answer: The first day I got these almost a year ago. Within 30 seconds of putting them in, one fell out directly into the dishwater. I snatched it out of the water at light speed, and they didn’t skip a beat. It’s now been 11 months later, and they still work perfectly. So while I would not recommend trying it, it happened to me, and they have never given me a single issue.
Question: Do you have to keep the charging case of the Sennheiser Momentum 2 with you while using the earbuds?
Answer: No, not at all. But if you want to listen for a longer time, you should keep the charging case with you to provide you with an interrupt-free user experience.
Question: How long will it take to charge the earbuds of Sennheiser Momentum 2? Will it show a blinking light on the case when it is setting?
Answer: Thanks for your question. A full charge is stated as 1.5 hours. The charging case has an LED that displays charging status.
Question: How can I purchase a replacement earbud for these Sennheiser Momentum headphones?
Answer: You should be able to at the Sennheiser website for sure.
Question: How is this Sennheiser Momentum 2 on phone calls? Are they good in noisy environments?
Answer: They work great on calls. I take calls with only one in, and it works fantastic in gathering or overcrowded places. Both around the shop or office with the active noise off, the mic picks up your surroundings, so you don’t miss a beat.
You may have interest in some other earbuds comparisons below: