PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro are two high-performance earphones. They have lots of features in common, but we recommend PowerBeats Pro because it is comparatively better with some improved features.
Why We Recommend PowerBeats Pro?
- Both earbuds are integrated with the fast fuel charging feature, but there’s a slight difference. With just a 5 minutes charge, you can use the PowerBeats Pro for 1.5 hours. Besides, the PowerBeats give only a 1-hour battery backup.
- You can comfortably wear the Pro version for an extended amount of time since it is a sweat-resistant device. In contrast, the Powerbeats cord could be stuck to the back of your neck due to sweat which is uncomfortable.
- It creates a rich sound compared to the earlier version. You will be immersed in the music you are listening to. Besides, the rival earphone cannot produce quality sound like the Pro.
- PowerBeats Pro has an automatic pause and plays feature, which is very convenient since it will automatically pause anything you watch or listen to. Also, when you put on the ear, it will resume the playlist for you. Unfortunately, this is not available in the previous version.
These features made the PowerBeats Pro a better earphone rather than PowerBeats. If you want to enjoy music to the fullest, this should be your consideration.
- They have an Apple H1 chip that delivers an extended range with fewer dropouts.
- PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro earphones are iOS, as well as Android compatible.
- These two have adjustable, and secure-fit ear hooks feature so that it stays in place. Also, they will perfectly fit multiple ear tips.
Quick Comparison: PowerBeats vs PowerBeats Pro
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Fast Fuel Charge||Yes||Yes|
|Headphone Chip||Apple H1 Chip||Apple H1 Chip|
|Battery Life||15 hours||9 hours|
|Dimensions||4.33 x 2.6 x 4.33 inches||10 x 7.87 x 11.02 inches|
|Weight||0.01 ounces||0.64 ounces|
|Track lost earbuds||Find My option||Find My option|
|Bluetooth + NFC||Yes||Yes|
|Sweat Resistant||IPX4 rating||IPX4 rating|
Differences & Similarities: PowerBeats vs PowerBeats Pro
PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro are in-ear earphones. Both have secure-fit ear hooks, as well as are adjustable. Furthermore, they come with different ear tips, such as – small, medium, and large. In addition, these PowerBeats devices are sweat-resistance which makes them perfect for the toughest workout sessions.
Both earphones will deliver a balanced sound with noise isolation. PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro let you immerse in whatever you are listening to. But compared to the PowerBeats, the PowerBeats Pro creates a rich sound.
Also, the Pro version has a pause/play feature. When you put off the earbuds, it will pause the music. And as soon as you wear it, the music will play automatically.
In terms of the battery life, the PowerBeats deliver a 15 hours backup on a single charge. Besides, the PowerBeats Pro offers 9 hours battery life with a charge. However, they combine with fast fuel charging so that you can charge up them when the battery is low. PowerBeats deliver 1 hours charge with a 5 minutes charge, whereas the PowerBeats Pro gives 1.5 hours backup.
Water & Sweat Resistance
These two earphones are water & sweat resistance so that you can use them all day long, whatever the day brings to you. But when it comes to using them during the workout session, the PowerBeats are not comfortable. That’s because it’s stuck around your neck or t-shirt. The PowerBeats Pro doesn’t have this inconvenience, so you can grab this one.
They have an Apple H1 chip that offers improved connection speed for the extended range. In addition, this chip makes sure the device gets fewer dropouts. However, the chip makes sure the device is connected with the compatible devices effectively.
In addition, these earbuds allow you to share podcasts, songs, or movies with other Beats or AirPods via Audio Sharing.
Furthermore, they are compatible with the Find My app feature. So if your device is lost, you can get it using this app. These two are compatible with iOS and Android phones.
Easy to Control
Both earbuds let you control the volume and control on each earbud. These are also voice compatible for the effortless operation. Anyhow, with the “Siri” voice assistant, you can effortlessly control them. Moreover, they designed the dual beam-forming microphones with the motion & speech accelerometer. These things detect the microphone, as well as eliminate the background noise.
PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro come with a one-year limited warranty. In addition, it delivers a free repair service against any manufacturer damages. But if you damage anything, then you cannot claim the free service.
PowerBeats Pro combines better features compared to the PowerBeats. So if you want to upgrade your earphone, this should be your consideration. But if you are looking for a less pricey one, then go with the PowerBeats.
Frequently Asked Questions about PowerBeats and PowerBeats Pro
|Does the PowerBeats have a mic?
Yes, it has a mic so that you can pick calls and talk with others easily.
Can I connect the PowerBeats Pro to an android device?
Yes, it is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. Moreover, it can be connected to any device with Bluetooth features.
What is the expected battery life of these PowerBeats earphones?
PowerBeats deliver a 15 hours charge on a single charge, in contrast, the PowerBeats Pro offers 9 hours backup. In addition, they combine with fast fuel charge when the battery is low.
Does the PowerBeats Pro offer different ear sizes?
Yes, it comes with a small, medium, and large ear cup. Therefore, you can select the ear tip size.
What is the expected charging time of these earphones?
Generally, they take 3 to 4 hours on average to charge fully.
You may have interest in some other headphone comparisons: