PowerBeats Pro and AirPods 2 combine with the Apple H1 chip to deliver you excellent connectivity plus sound quality. But we recommend you choose PowerBeats Pro.
Why Should You Choose PowerBeats Pro?
- The PowerBeats Pro combines with the Beam Forming feature, which is missing on the AirPods 2. This technology allows you to adjust the sound according to the room size so that you can be aware of your surroundings.
- It delivers up to 9 hours of listening time with a single charge, besides, the rival one gives 5 hours backup. In addition, its 5 minutes fast fuel charge provides 1.5 hours charge. But the AirPods 2 takes 15 minutes to deliver 3 hours of battery life. Hence, you can conveniently use this earbud for an extended amount of time.
- This earphone is a perfect match for workout sessions since it is a water and sweatproof earpiece. In contrast, its competitor is missing this feature. However, this function also ensures the durability of the device.
- You can comfortably wear this earphone for hours, and it will stay in place because it combines secure fit adjustable secure-fit ear hooks. It is also customizable with multiple ear tips. At the same time, the AirPods 2 doesn’t have any secure hook thus, it may not fit properly.
- PowerBeats Pro is lightweight compared to AirPods 2, thus you can use this earphone effortlessly.
- You can find the autoplay/pause feature with this earbud which is very handy. When you put it off, it will automatically turn off, and when you wear it, this will automatically resume the playlist. Unfortunately, the AirPods 2 needs the double press to resume the playlist.
PowerBeats Pro comes with these incredible functions, and this will take your experience to another level. Thus, you should consider all the features before making your best buying decision.
- These earbuds combine with the Apple H1 chip that improves connectivity. The H1 is compatible with the latest Bluetooth, plus offers two times the faster speed for pairing a device.
- AirPods 2 and PowerBeats Pro have audio sharing so that you can listen to music with your friends.
- They have a Find My app feature, and if you lost your earphone, you can easily track the location via this app.
- You can pair these PowerBeats and Airpods with any Android device, which is very handy.
Comparison Chart: PowerBeats Pro vs AirPods 2
|Specifications||PowerBeats Pro||AirPods 2|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Battery Life||9 hours||5 hours|
|Fast Fuel Charge||Yes (5 minutes charge = 1.5 hours backup)||Yes (15 minutes charge = 3 hours backup)|
|Water & Sweat Resistant||Yes||No|
|Weight||0.64 ounces||3.50 ounces|
|Headphone Chip||Apple H1 Chip||Apple H1 Chip|
|Track lost earbuds||Find My app||Find My app|
|Dimensions||10 x 7.87 x 11.02 inches||4 x 1.5 x 4 inches|
|iOS and Android Compatible||Yes||Yes|
Differences and Similarities: PowerBeats Pro and AirPods 2
PowerBeats Pro and AirPods 2 have in-ear designs, but there’s a slight difference. For instance – the PowerBeats Pro has secure-fit ear hooks for stability. It is also lightweight than the AirPods 2, thus you can comfortably wear this earphone for hours, yet it will stay in place.
Nevertheless, these earbuds are compatible with Android devices. As well as, they designed the Audio Sharing feature so that you can enjoy songs or podcasts with your friends.
In terms of sound quality, the PowerBeats Pro is better because it is integrated with the Beam Forming function that is not available on the AirPods 2. You can adjust the sound according to your room, hence you can be aware of your surroundings. This device also delivers you a balanced and powerful sound, and you will immerse in the music fully.
AirPods 2, on the other hand, also delivers powerful sound, but it doesn’t include noise isolation. That’s why you can’t hear around you, instead, you need to reduce the volume every time.
PowerBeats Pro is easier to control rather than AirPods 2 because it features auto-pause/play. Its’ motion accelerometers and optical sensors are paired up together to detect when the earbuds are in your ear or when you put them off. And with the AirPods device, you need to double press on the earbud to pause.
However, you don’t need to reach your iOS or Android to control volume, change the track, or pick a call. PowerBeats has a volume control button on both earbuds, press it. Besides, AirPods 2 need a few taps on the earbuds.
In addition, these two are also compatible with the “Siri” voice assistant. So all you need to say is “Hey Siri” to give your command, and the device will do the rest for you.
You will get the most extended battery life on the PowerBeats Pro, and it delivers 9 hours of backup on a single charge. In contrast, the AirPods 2 give 5 hours backup when the battery is full.
They also combine with the Fast Fuel charge, hence the PowerBeats takes 5 minutes to provide 1.5 hours battery life when the battery is low. Besides, with a 15 minutes charge, the AirPods have 3 hours of listening time. So if you want to get seamless performance, go with the PowerBeats Pro with your eyes closed.
These earbuds have Class 1 Bluetooth with the Apple H1 chip for the seamless and fastest connection, plus fewer dropouts. The H1 gives two times faster speeds to connect to any device. However, these devices are compatible with the Find My app so that if you lost your earphones, you can locate them with a sound. Or the app will show you the map, which is very convenient.
PowerBeats Pro is sweat, and waterproof earphones make it an amazing choice for intensive workout sessions. This also increases the durability rather than AirPods 2. Both are built with a one-year warranty against any manufacturer damages. Remember, only the original user can claim the warranty. Additionally, if you broke any part or your device has any scratch, the warranty won’t count.
An earphone is a long-term investment, that’s why you should go with the best one. Here, the PowerBeats Pro combines incredible features that will take your listening experience to another level compared to the AirPods 2. Thus you should get the PowerBeats Pro for you. But if you are an Apple fan, then AirPods 2 could be your best bet.
Frequently Asked Questions about AirPods 2 and PowerBeats Pro
|Does this AirPods 2 have a wireless charging feature?
No, this is not equipped with wireless charging. Instead, you have to follow the regular charging case feature.
Can I use the PowerBeats with an Android?
Sure, you can pair this earphone with any Android smartphone to any device with Bluetooth.
How long is the battery life of these earphones?
AirPods 2 offers 5 hours charge, whereas the PowerBeats Pro gives 9 hours backup.
What is the Bluetooth version of these earbuds?
Both of them combine with the Class 1 Bluetooth version, including the Apple H1 chip, for the extended range and faster connection.
Are they waterproof?
PowerBeats Pro is a water and sweatproof device, thus you can use it on your intensive workout session.
You can also check some other comparisons below: