Megaboom and Megablast are both fantastic speakers from Ultimate Ears. If you are confused about choosing the best one between them, then you should select Megablast.
Why Should You Pick Megablast?
- Ultimate Ears Megablast comes with a built-in Alexa used for hands-free voice control to start music or other streams. In contrast, this feature is missing on Megaboom.
- This Bluetooth speaker has an IP67 rated waterproof feature which is made it completely water and dustproof. And it’s suitable for beach or poolside parties. On the other hand, Megaboom is an IPX7 rated waterproof device.
- It gives you a more comprehensive Bluetooth range than the other one. Megablast can connect from a 150-ft distance while its competitor Bluetooth range is only 100-ft.
- With UE Megablast, you will get heart-pounding bass which is perfect for any kind of outdoor party. Unfortunately, Megaboom doesn’t have a powerful bass like this one.
- You will get multiple microphones with beamforming technology, and it has a noise cancellation feature that enables a smooth far-field voice recognition experience. On the other hand, this feature is not available on Megaboom.
So, all of these advanced features make Megablast the best speaker than the other one. If you want to enhance your music experience, then go for this one.
- Both speakers give you a waterproof feature that protects your device from water and spills.
- They can connect with multiple speakers, which offers you louder sound.
- These speakers have a 360-degree sound system that provides you with crystal sound at every angle.
- You can control these speakers through the UE app.
You will get these identical features with both speakers. However, for better sound quality and other advanced features, you need to choose Megablast.
Quick Comparison: Megaboom vs Megablast
|4.5 out of 5
|4.8 out of 5
|3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches
|3.5 x 3.5 x 9.4 inches
|1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required
|1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required
|Pair with Speakers
|150+ Boom 2/ Megaboom
|Wireless charging feature
Differences and Similarities Between Megaboom vs Megablast
These speakers come with the same outlook because they come from the same manufacturer. Megablast has a larger body than Megaboom. Thus, its body weight is 3.7 pounds with 3.5 x 3.5 x 9.4 inches dimension. While its competitor Megaboom’s body weight is 1.93 pounds and dimension is 3.3 x 3.3 x 8.9 inches.
They are made with high-quality material that makes them more durable. Hence, you will get two large volume control buttons on the body of the speakers, and other controls are situated on the top and bottom. For carrying purposes, you will get a bungee hanger on the top of the speakers.
There is a massive difference in their battery life. Megaboom gives you 20 hours of battery life, while its competitor gives you only 16 hours of battery life. More extended battery backup will allow you to play the speaker for a long time. If battery life is significant for you, then you can choose Megaboom.
Megablast has a charging dock station that allows you, to charge the speaker wirelessly. In contrast, Megaboom doesn’t have this feature.
Both speakers have waterproof features, but there are differences in their ratings. Megablast is an IP67 rated waterproof device which means it’s water and dustproof. Plus, the point is, this device can float on the water.
On the other hand, Megaboom is an IPX7 rated device. It has only a waterproof feature, not dustproof. Sadly, Megaboom can not float on the water. A higher waterproof rating enhances their durability power.
Sound quality and Bass:
Because of their powerful driver, you can have the best sound with solid bass. They can deliver 360 degrees sound which means both speakers can provide crystal clear sound at every angle.
Megablast has a maximum sound level of 93 dB, and a passive radiator gives you powerful bass. Megaboom also gives you rich sound with deep bass. So, you won’t find any lack of quality at any level of bass.
Voice Assistant and Bluetooth:
Megablast has a voice assistant feature that makes it easier to controls. For example, by using Alexa, you can play the music just with a voice command. This feature helps you perform hands-free controls. Sadly, No voice command feature is available on Megaboom.
Both speakers support Bluetooth. Megablast can connect from a 150-ft distance, while Megaboom can connect from 100-ft. Thus, their decent Bluetooth range allows you to connect from a wide range of lengths.
UE App and Variants:
You can control these speakers via UE App. This App also helps you stay updated with their latest upgrades. In addition, you can customize the EQ with this App, which will give you significant variation in your music.
Both speakers have variant color options. Megaboom comes with four color variants, Charcoal Black, Electric Blue, Lava Red, Plum. On the other hand, Megablast has only black color variants. Thus, with Megablast, you can have many color options; choose your desired one.
PartyUp and stereo sound:
Megaboom can connect with 150+ speakers via the PartyUp feature, and this is perfect for outdoor parties. But this feature is missing on Megablast. Again, Megablast can connect with only 8 speakers and provide powerful stereo sound. Interestingly, both speakers can pair with only Boom2 /Megaboom speakers.
Durability and Warranty:
They are built with premium quality fabric, and their standard waterproof rating enhances their durability. Both speakers can last for a long time. In addition, UE offers 2 years of limited warranty.
These two speakers were packed with many features, so it was difficult to choose one. For the higher waterproof rating, more comprehensive Bluetooth range, Voice assistant feature, and intense, heart-pounding bass quality, I strongly suggest Megablast for you. If you need a more extended battery, then you can go for Megaboom.
Frequently Asked Questions about Megaboom and Megablast
|What is the Bluetooth range of the Megablast?
The Bluetooth range of Megablast is 150-ft distance.
Can I use the speaker through my smartphone?
Yes, you can control the speaker through any android device.
Who is the manufacturer of the speakers?
Logitech brought Ultimate Ears in 2008.
What is the frequency range of Megaboom?
The frequency range of Megaboom is 65Hz-20kHz.
Read more comparisons below: