JBL Xtreme and Charge 4 are both fantastic Bluetooth speakers. But if you want to pick the best one, then I recommend choosing JBL Charge 4 because of its advanced features.
Why I Recommend JBL Charge 4?
- JBL Charge 4 comes with a powerful battery that lasts for 20 hours. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme comes with only 15 hours of battery backup on a single charge.
- This device is IPX7 rated waterproof device. So, you can use it on the beach or at poolside parties. Besides, JBL Xtreme doesn’t have any advanced waterproof rating features.
- With this speaker, you will get better quality bass, including a JBL bass radiator on this device. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme doesn’t have this feature.
- This device wirelessly can connect with 100 JBL enabled speakers, while JBL Xtreme connects feature may not be available nearby like JBL Charge 4.
- It has 12 color options, whereas its competitor has only 4 color options.
These are the advanced feature that made JBL Charge 4 better than JBL Xtreme. This speaker indeed enhances your entertainment way.
- They have a various color option that allows you choose a color according to your taste.
- Both speakers are splashproof. So, you don’t need to worry about these speakers while having a beach or poolside party.
- JBL Xtreme and JBL Charge 4 both are weightless than the others speaker. So, you can carry them easily anywhere.
- They have a battery level indicator. If the battery gets low, it will notify you.
Quick Comparison: JBL Xtreme vs Charge 4
|JBL Charge 4
|4.5 out of 5
|4.8 out of 5
|3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches
|12.5 x 8 x 7.5 inches
|Black, Blue, Red.Camo
|Qw variants color
|2 Lithium polymer battery
|1 Lithium polymer battery
Differences and Similarities: JBL Xtreme vs JBL Charge 4
Both speakers come with a cylindrical structure, but JBL Charge 4 has a broader middle portion. They are covered with an abrasion-resistant material which makes them more durable.
You will get the JBL Connect button, volume increase button, volume decrease button, power button, and Bluetooth button on the top of this device. On the back of the speaker, you will get a USB charging port,3.5 audio jack, and USB A port used for charging smarts phones, and tablets.
This speaker has a more robust battery that lasts for 20 hours. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme only lasts for 15 hours. If you choose JBL charge 4 then it can be used for any party or camp. With these speaker batteries, you can charge your tablets and smartphones.
The JBL Charge 4 is a better speaker than the other one. It can play stereo content without downmixing it, and it was louder. Charge 4 has a more smooth sound quality. But both speakers provide you a clear sound without any distortion. If you want the best sound quality speaker, JBL Charge 4 would be the best choice.
Both are IPX7 rated waterproof devices that save you from rain or water splash. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme is only a splashproof device and does not have any standard rating. This Bluetooth speaker comes in various colors so that you can choose as your need.
This device allows you to connect with up to 100+ enabled speakers. It will provide you a powerful output of sound and bass. This advanced feature is helpful during an outside party.
JBL Xtreme also has Connect feature, but it’s quite backdated. To get strong stereo sound, you have to connect the speaker with three smartphones simultaneously. Both speakers have a built-in microphone so you can receive and answer the calls through the devices.
In the box:
With JBL Xtreme, you will get – One JBL Xtreme, one power adapter, one strap, one quick start guide, one safety sheet, and a warranty card.
On the other hand, With JBL Charge 4 you will get- one JBL Charge 4, one Type C USB Cable, One quick start guide, One warranty card, and a safety sheet.
Durability and Warranty:
JBL Xtreme and Charge 4 both speakers are made with abrasion-resistant fabric, which will give you a long time of service. They are IPX7 rated waterproof devices, so no worry during rain or any spills.JBL offers a one-year limited warranty. If the product gets damaged during the manufacture time, then it will get fixed without any cost.
These Bluetooth speakers come with premium sound quality and contain so many features. If you are confused about pick one between them, then JBL Charge 4 would be the best pick for you. However, JBL Xtreme also can be a better option if you are not considering the battery power.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme and Charge 4
|Does JBL Xtreme include a charger?
Yes, It includes a charging cable, not a wall charger.
What happened if I accidentally drooped JBL Xtreme speaker into the pool?
The speaker is splash-proof, not waterproof with IPX& rated. It Can stand with rain or pool water splashing, but it can’t work under the water. You can Purchase a case on amazon that allows even more protection from 3rd parties.
Does it just have 2 woofers, or are there others drivers?
It’s got one on each side, just like the charge.
Is this speaker can pair with other speakers?
Yes, The JBL Charge 4 has Connect + feature, and the Xtreme has Connect feature to pair.
Which Bluetooth version is include with Xtreme?
The Xtreme comes with a 4.1 Bluetooth version.
You can also read some other comparisons here: