JBL Xtreme 2 and Xtreme 3 both are good quality speakers. However, if you are confused about choosing the best one, I strongly recommend choosing JBL Xtreme 2 because it has some updated features.
Why I Recommend to Choose JBL Xtreme 2?
- JBL Xtreme 2 has quick access to Google Assistant or Siri. So, you can effortlessly control your device with your voice command. Whereas Xtreme 3 does not have this advanced feature.
- It comes with dual passive radiators that deliver a powerful and ear-catching JBL sound, which sounds loud and clear. In contrast, its competitor has a regular bass radiator.
- Xtreme 2 is IPX7 waterproof, so you can take it to the beach or pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water. Besides, Xtreme 3 is P67 waterproof, but you can’t submerge it in water.
- This speaker comes with five different color variants, while its competitor Xtreme 3 comes with only three color options.
- JBL Xtreme 2 has a speakerphone feature that is particularly useful for any party. Besides, its competitor does not have any speakerphones.
Above mentioned features are the main reason for my recommendation. I hope now you can understand which speaker is good for you.
- JBL Xtreme 2 and Xtreme 3 give you 15 hours of battery backup. So, you don’t need to charge them frequently.
- They both are waterproof devices with a standard rating. They are safe from water splash and rain.
- These speakers have stereo speakers that create a richer sound and provide better experiences.
- Both devices have a battery level indicator that alerts you when the device has a low battery.
Quick Comparison: JBL Xtreme 2 vs Xtreme 3
|Specification||JBL Xtreme 2||JBL Xtreme 3|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||5.27 pounds||4.34 pounds|
|Product Dimension||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches||5.28 x 11.75 x 5.35 inches|
|Battery||1 CR2 Battery required||1 Lithium Polymer battery required|
|waterproof||IPX7 Rated||IP67 Rated|
|Color||Black, Blue, Green, Red, Camouflage||Black, Blue, Camo|
|Frequency Response||55-20 kHz||53.5- 20 kHz|
|Battery Life||15 Hours||15 Hours|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities: JBL Xtreme 2 and Xtreme 3
Both devices come in Cylinder shape. JBL Xtreme 3 design with a shiny finish, which makes it look better. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 was built with ordinary materials. A hook on the top of the speaker makes them easier to carry.
There is a bottle opener with JBL Xtreme 3. Besides, there is no bottle opener with Xtreme 2. With Xtreme 2, you will get five different color variants option. So, you can choose any color depending on your taste. While its competitor Xtreme 3 has only three other color variants option.
Battery and Connectivity:
These speakers have similar battery runtime, their music playback times up to 15 hours. Regarding charging time, JBL Xtreme 2 takes 3.5 hours to get fully charged, while Xtreme 3 takes only 2.5 hours.
Thus, JBL Xtreme 2 uses a micro USB cable to charge, and Xtreme 3 uses a USB C standard cable. Both speakers can be connected through Bluetooth, and you also can pair them with multiple enable speakers at a time.
Bluetooth Frequency Range:
JBL Xtreme 2 came with a wider Bluetooth frequency range. Both speakers’ Bluetooth Ranges are- Xtreme 2- 2402 MHz to 2480 MHz and Xtreme 3- 2407 MHz to 2475 MHz.
The JBL Xtreme 2 has a better sound profile than Xtreme 3. However, the Xtreme 3 has some advantages, like it has a punchy and boomy bass that makes listening to bass-heavy tracks enjoyable.
You can use these speakers wirelessly via Bluetooth. It is easy to pair the JBL Xtreme 2 and Xtreme 3 with other JBL Speaker. These devices come with different pairing options. The Xtreme 2 comes with a Connect+ feature for pairing with other devices. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 3 features with PartyBoost for pairing. You can pair with up to 100+ connected speakers.
JBL Xtreme 3 is a waterproof device with IPX7 rated. So, you can use them at any pool or beachside party. JBL Xtreme 3 is waterproof with IP67 rated, while Xtreme 2 is IPX7 rated. Both give you complete protection from the water, but Xtreme 2 low rated than Xtreme 3. Because of the durable design, you will get more flexibility while using the Xtreme 3.
The Xtreme 2 is the only speaker that comes with a speakerphone. You can take calls from this speaker by using the button. While JBL Xtreme 3 does not have this feature. In this section, JBL Xtreme 2 is the winner.
In the Box:
With Xtreme 2, you will get- one power adapter, One strap, One quick start guide, One safety sheet, and One warranty card. On the other hand, with JBL Xtreme 3, you will get- One JBL adapter with a regional plug, one JBL Xtreme 3 strap, one Quick start guide, one safety sheet, and one warranty card.
Durability and Warranty:
JBL speaker’s build quality is best than other companies’ speakers. Their premium fabric materials made them more durable than others speakers. In addition, they both have come with 1 -a year warranty. So you are satisfied with these devices’ performance.
These two speakers are the most popular speaker of JBL. But JBL Xtreme 2 has advanced features and provides better sound quality. So, I strongly commend you go for the Xtreme 2. Otherwise, the Xtreme 3 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 & Xtreme 3
Does it have an analog in and headphone output?
You can connect your devices to Our JBL Xtreme 3 via Bluetooth or a 3.5 mm aux cable.
Can JBL Xtreme 3 pair with Boombox 1?
Our JBL Xtreme 3 can only pair with other JBL speakers that have the ‘Partyboost’ feature. The same goes for the JBL Boombox; only speakers with the connect + feature can pair with it. Due to different technologies, they’re not compatible to be associated with each other.
Can I play while charging?
Yes. You can play these speakers while charging.
You can also read some other comparisons below: