JBL Xtreme 2 and UE Megaboom 3 both are fantastic Bluetooth speakers. However, if you are confused about choosing one, then we recommend you pick UE Megaboom 3 because it has upgraded features.
Why We Recommend UE Megaboom?
- This Bluetooth speaker provides up to 20 hours of battery life, so you can enjoy a party without worrying about the charge. On the contrary, JBL Xtreme 2 provides only 15 hours of battery life.
- UE Megaboom has a magic button that gives you control of the speaker with a single touch. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 does not have this feature.
- This speaker is IP67 rated waterproof device. So, this feature protects the device from water or dust. In contrast, JBL Xtreme 2 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device that doesn’t provide strong protection like Megaboom 3.
- UE Megaboom 3 can be connected with 150+ Boom speakers. Pairing with a large number of speakers means it provide louder sound. Besides, its competitor only can connect with 100 connect+ enabled speakers.
- This speaker would give you a 360 degree sound if you placed this speaker vertically. But JBL Xtreme 2 speakers need to be placed horizontally, so the sound miss from the two edges side.
- UE Megaboom speaker weight is 2.9 pounds while its competitor weight is 5.27 pounds. More lightweight means you can carry them easily.
After discussion, I hope now you can understand why we suggest UE Megaboom 3. This Bluetooth speaker will be the best speaker for your home entertainment.
Similar Features of JBL Xtreme 2 and UE Megaboom 3
- Both speakers come with a higher certified waterproof rating that will give your speaker complete protection from water or spills.
- JBL Xtreme 2 and UE Megaboom 3 both have come with a hanger or strap to carry.
- You can pair the devices with multiple devices.
Quick Comparison: JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
|Specifications||JBL Xtreme 2||UE Megaboom 3|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||5.27 pounds||2.9 pounds|
|Product Dimension||3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches||7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches|
|Color||Black, Blue, Green, Red, and Camouflage||Night Black, Lagoon Blue, and Sunset Red|
|Pair speakers||100 Connect+ speakers||150+ Boom/Megaboom|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Battery||1 CR2 Battery Required||1 Lithium-ion Battery Required|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IP67 rated|
Difference & Similarities: JBL Xtreme 2 and UE Megaboom 3
Megaboom 3 is more portable and easier to use than JBL Xtreme 2. UE Megaboom 3 weight is 2.9 pounds, and its Dimension is 7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches. Besides, JBL Xtreme 2 weighs 5.27 pounds, and Dimension is 3.2 x 3.2 x 8.75 inches.
Megaboom 3 has a magic button feature; its one-button includes many functions. It has two hooks available on Xtreme 2, so you can use a strap to carry this speaker. On the other hand, UE Megaboom 3 has a bungee hanger on the speaker’s top, and you can take this easily.
A Bluetooth speaker always needs powerful batteries. UE Megaboom 3 comes with 20 hours of battery life, while JBL Xtreme 2 will provide you 15 hours of battery life with a single charge. In addition, there is a dock station at UE mega boom so that you can charge this speaker wirelessly.
Both speaker connectivity feature is Bluetooth. Megaboom 3 Bluetooth range is 150-ft. JBL Xtreme 2 supports the latest Bluetooth version 4.2, and it can be connected from a distance of 100-120 ft. If you want to pair the speaker with other enabled speakers, you need to use the app.
Sound and bass:
UE Magabom 3 is specially designed for its sound quality. The 360-degree design made it more preferable than JBL Xtreme 2. While JBL Xtreme 2 also provides you decent sound with solid bass. It has dual radiators that will ensure that you are getting ear-catching sound. In addition, there is a microphone feature so you can receive phone calls from your speakers.
If you want to enhance your sound quality, you need to connect with other speakers. There is a feature called PartyUp on Megaboom 3. With this feature, you can connect and sync your device with more than 150+ Boom/mega boom speakers. While JBL Xtreme 2 can be connected with 100 Connect + speakers.
Megaboom 3 is IP67 certified rated waterproof device, and this feature protects the device from water splash and rain. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. IP67 rated devices provide more protection than IPX7 rated devices. So if you choose Megaboom 3, then you feel at peace and enjoy the poolside party.
Durability and Warranty:
Both speakers were built with high-quality fabric materials, which makes them more durable. JBL offers a one-year limited warranty, whereas Ultimate Ears provides 2 years warranty for the devices. During the manufacture time, if any damaged issue happens, it will be fixed for free.
I hope now you can be made your decision clearly which product is best for you. Our final recommendation between these two devices would be UE Megaboom 3 because it will give you longer battery life, better sound quality, a magic button, and a high-rated waterproof feature. Otherwise, you can also choose JBL Xtreme 2.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 vs UE Megaboom 3
|Does Megaboom 3 come with a speakerphone?
No speakerphone comes with Megaboom 3.
How much time did they take to get fully charged?
The devices get fully charged within 3-3.5 hours.
How many watts does Xtreme 2 have?
40 or 50w output has a lot of power, and its sound quality is fantastic.
What is the Dimension of Megaboom 3?
The Dimension of Megaboom 3 is 7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches.
You may have interest in some other comparisons here: