If you are confused about picking the better Bluetooth speaker between JBL Xtreme 2 and JBL Charge 4, you should consider JBL Xtreme 2 because of its advanced features.
Why Should You Choose JBL Xtreme 2?
- This device is larger, but it’s best for outdoor use. You can carry it with its strap. On the other hand, JBL Charge 4 also fits any backpack, suitable for any small picnic beach gathering.
- JBL Xtreme 2 has a lower frequency rate, and the frequency rate is 55Hz-20kHz. Lower frequency rates always deliver deep and rich bass. In contrast, its competitor contains a higher frequency.
- This speaker comes with two speakers that give deeper bass and get you an incredible cinematic experience at home. Hence, JBL charge 4 also comes with decent bass, but it has only one speaker.
- You will receive calls with the touch of a button while the other one does not have this feature.
- There is a noise-canceling microphone on this one to get the voice without any noise. Its competitor doesn’t have this feature.
- It has a voice assistance feature. You can access your phone’s Siri or Google, but its competitor does not have this feature.
- JBL Xtreme 2 can float on the water. So, it will give you more pleasure moment if you have a pool party. Besides, JBL charge 4 does not float on the water.
This unique feature provides only on the JBL Xtreme 2. So, choose this one if you want to enjoy your party perfectly.
Similarities between JBL Xtreme 2 and Charge 4
- Both speakers are entirely waterproof and can be submerged for up to 30 minutes. So, your speaker is always safe from water.
- They can be connected with 100+ multiple-enabled speakers. That gives you standard bass and makes your music smooth.
- They both have a connect+ feature to pair.
- The speaker is covered with high-quality, rugged fabric material that ensures durability.
- They feature a one-year limited warranty.
You will get almost the same functions with both Bluetooth JBL speakers. But if you want the best speaker, then you have to go with JBL Xtreme 2.
Quick Comparison: JBL Xtreme 2 vs Charge 4
|JBL Xtreme 2
|JBL Charge 4
|4.8 out of 5
|4.4 out of 5
|7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches
|3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches
Differences & Similarities: JBL Xtreme 2 and Charge 4
The JBL Xtreme 2 is 30% longer and wider, double in weight. You can carry this speaker with its strap. It will give you a better-sounding speaker with more bass. On the other hand, JBL Charge 4 is lightweight and easy to carry. It will be loud enough for a small picnic and small beach parties.
The speaker is waterproof, so this feature gives the speaker full protection from water and rain. Even you can submerge the speaker in water. The JBL Xtreme can float on the water, but JBL Charge can not float in the water.
This device is best for outdoor parties, plenty loud enough for a mid-sized outdoor gathering. Bass has better depth and details. It has two speakers so it will provide much better sound quality than the other one.
On the other side, JBL Charge 4 is loud enough for small parties. This device has one speaker but still provides solid and smooth sound quality. The frequency rate is 55Hz-20kHz, and the output power is 2 x 20W. Besides, JBL charge 4 has got 60Hz-20kHz frequency rate, and output power is 30W.
You will get a decent battery life from JBL Charge 4. It comes with 20 hours of battery backup and takes 5.5 hours to charge up fully. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 provides up to 15 hours of battery backup and takes 3.5 hours to charge fully. With these speaker’s batteries, you can set up a phone or other device. Moreover, if you use the auto power-off feature, then it will save the speaker’s battery.
Both devices have support Bluetooth 4.2 technology. There is one USB output for charging the other devices, and it has a mini 3.5mm stereo input for playing music. JBL Xtreme can be charged via a standard AC wall plug. While JBL charge 4 can be charged via USB-C cable.
Connect+ and Microphone:
Both devices allow you to pair with 100+ enabled speakers as long as they are labeled. JBL Connect+JBL Xtreme has a speakerphone, and it was noise and echo canceling speakerphone while its competitor does not have this feature.
Moreover, this device has a voice assistance feature, and you can control the speaker with your voice command. Besides, JBL Charge 4 does not have this advanced feature.
Durability and Warranty:
JBL speakers are one of the popular speakers in the market. You can use both speakers at home parties or pool parties. Both have waterproof features and are made with solid materials that give you more durability than other speakers. In addition, JBL offers 1 Year limited warranty, and if the product gets any damaged, it will be fixed without any cost.
If you expect the best speaker, you should go for this JBL Xtreme 2. This speaker provides the best sound quality and offers some unique features. Otherwise, JBL Charge 4 is also a better choice for a small gathering.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Xtreme 2 and JBL Charge 4
|Is it possible to receive calls from both JBL speakers?
You can receive calls only on Xtreme 2. JBL Charge 4 doesn’t have a microphone.
Is JBL Xtreme waterproof?
Yes, Both speakers are waterproof.
Does this speaker include a charger?
It includes a charging cable, not a charger.
How long does the battery last on JBL Charge 4?
This speaker gives you 20 hours of battery backup and takes 5.5 hours to get fully charged.
You can read some other comparisons below: