JBL Flip 5 and Charge 3 are both excellent Bluetooth speakers. Thus, if you want to choose the best speaker between them, We highly recommend JBL Charge 3.
Why We Recommend JBL Charge 3?
- JBL Charge 3 can pair with 100+ enabled connect+ speakers that give you louder sound. While Flip 5 can be connected with two speakers only.
- This speaker has a powerful 6000 mAh battery, which will give you 20 hours of battery backup. On the other hand, JBL Flip 5 comes with a 4500 mAh battery and provides you with only 12 hours of battery backup.
- It has a speakerphone feature that allows you to answer calls effortlessly, but this function is missing on JBL Flip 5.
- This device includes a dedicated bass radiator that gives you thundering bass. Besides, its competitor does not have any bass radiator features.
- Charge 3 comes with a USB-C port that allows you to charge your phone and other devices. At the same time, there is no USB-C port available on Flip 5.
- This Bluetooth speaker comes with a steady design and better outlook, making it suitable for any event. On the other hand, Flip 5 has a traditional outlook design.
Now you should not be confused about why charge 3 is best than Flip 5. For best sound quality with a strong base, go for JBL Charge 3.
- Both speakers are IPX7 rated waterproof devices. This feature protects the speakers from water and spills.
- They come with multiple variant colors options. So, you can pick any color based on your personality.
- JBL Charge 3 and Flip 5 come with a 360 degree sound system that allows spread sound from any direction.
- They can connect with multiple speakers for a powerful stereo sound.
- Both speakers come with 1 year of limited warranty.
You will get these features with both speakers. If you want powerful sound with longer battery life, then you have to choose JBL Charge 3.
Quick Comparison: JBL Flip 5 & Charge 3
|Specification||JBL Flip 5||JBL Charge 3|
|Editors Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||1.8 pounds|
|Product Dimension||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches||9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Battery||1 Lithium Metal Battery Included||1 LR44 Battery Included|
|Battery Life||12 hours||20 hours|
|Charging time||2.5 hours||4.5 hours|
|Battery Capacity||4500 mAh||6000 mAh|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Pair Speakers||2 Speakers(PartyBoost)||100 Speakers (Connect+)|
|USB Type||USB-C||Micro USB|
|Color||14 Variants Available||6 Variants Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences and Similarities: JBL Flip 5 vs JBL Charge 3
JBL Flip 5 and JBL Charge 3 come in cylindrical shapes and are made with premium materials. There is a flat surface under the speakers that keep them steady at any bass level. The plastic cover protects both speakers from any drop.
Charge 3 is more extensive than Flip 5. Charge 3 is 1.8 pounds, and the dimension is 9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches. On the other hand, JBL Flip 5 weight is 1.2 pounds, and its dimension is 7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches. They can stand vertically and horizontally both ways because of their unique design.
Charge 3 has a 6000 mAh powerful battery that will give you 20 hours of battery backup. So, you don’t need to charge it repeatedly and enjoy the music session for a long time.
JBL Flip 5 comes with a 4500 mAh battery, which provides you 12 hours of battery backup. In addition, JBL Charge 3 gives you power bank facilities. You can be charged your phones and others device with this speaker. In contrast, this feature is missing on Flip 5.
There are multiple variants available with these speakers. Flip 5 has 12 variant color options with two types of camouflage variants. At the same time, JBL Charge 3 comes with six color variant options. So, you can select any color spending on your choice.
Controls and Buttons:
You will get a button on the speaker’s body to control the music.Connect+ and the power button are situated in the center of the speakers. Flip 5 comes with a different placement of buttons.
Volume controls and the PartyBoost button are placed on the side of the speaker. In addition, you will get a voice assistant feature with JBL Charge 3 that allows you to control the speaker without pressing any button. At the same time, this feature is missing on Flip 5.
Waterproof and speakerphone:
A waterproof facility is a vital feature for any speaker. Both speakers are IPX7 rated waterproof devices. This feature protects the device from water or spills, and it can also be submerged into the water 1m for 30 minutes. In addition, JBL Charge 3 has a speakerphone feature that allows you receive calls. Besides, JBL Flip 5 doesn’t have any speakerphones.
Pair with speakers:
JBL Charge 3 comes with the Connect+ feature, which is used for pair with 100 + connect+ enabled speakers. That provides you louder and more powerful sound. On the other hand, JBL Flip 5 can pair with only 3 speakers and deliver powerful stereo sound.
Durability and Warranty:
Both speaker are made with high-quality fabrics and their standard waterproof rating enhance their durability. So, they are suitable for any outdoor party. In addition, JBL offers a one-year limited warranty.
Flip 5 and Charge 3 are the best speaker, but Charge gives you a powerful battery with longer battery life, a connect+ feature, a speakerphone for receiving calls, etc. So, Charge 3 would be the best pick for you. In addition, this Bluetooth speaker enhances your musical session.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flip 5 and Charge 3
|Can I answer the calls through these speakers?
Yes, You can answer the phone calls via Charge 3.
Do these speakers come with any carrying case?
No, They have no carrying case for travel purposes.
Can I adjust the bass Level?
Yes, you can control it by pressing the plus and minus buttons together.
What is the dimension of JBL Charge 3?
The dimension of charge 3 is 9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches.
You can also read some other comparisons below: