JBL Flip 4 and Flip 5 are pretty similar Bluetooth speakers. But I recommend you to choose JBL Flip 4 because it has some improved features that make it the winner.
Why I Recommend to Pick JBL Flip 4?
- JBL Flip 4 features a built-in noise and echo canceling speakerphone that helps to make crystal clear conference calls.
- This speaker comes with a dual passive radiator, which gives you better & powerful stereo sound. On the contrary, this amazing feature is missing in Flip 5.
- It has a Connect+ feature that lets you connect with other connect+ enabled speakers that make the sound louder to expand the listening experience. On the other hand, its competitor JBL Flip 5, does not have this feature.
- Flip 4 can be integrated with Siri or google assistant with just a press of a button. In contrast, this feature is not available on the Flip 5.
- It weighs less than its competitor. So, you can carry this speaker easily.
These features make Flip 4 a winner in this comparison. As a newer version Flip 5 doesn’t bring any unique characteristics. That’s why I strongly suggest you go for JBL Flip 4.
Similarities Between JBL Flip 4 & Flip 5
- JBL Flip 4 and flip 5 come with the same battery life of 12 hours. So, you don’t need to charge them frequently.
- They are IPX7 rated waterproof devices. Thus, you can enjoy any poolside or beachside parties; even you don’t have to worry about water or spills.
- Both speakers can pair with up to 2 smartphones or other devices wirelessly.
- They have come in variants of color options. Hence, you can choose any color based on your taste.
- Both speakers are compatible with Bluetooth 4.2 version.
So, these are similar features of JBL Flip 4 and flip 5. But, if you want to enjoy the parties perfectly, then you can choose Flip 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL Flip 5 vs Flip 4
|Specifications||JBL Flip 4||JBL Flip 5|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Weight||1.14 pounds||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches||7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches|
|JBL Bass radiator||Yes||No|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Battery Life||12 hours||12 hours|
|Charging time||3.5 hours||2.5 hours|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Frequency Range||70Hz – 20kHz||65Hz – 20kHz|
|Output Power||2 x 8 W||20 W RMS|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities: JBL Flip 4 vs Flip 5
JBL Flip 4 and Flip 5 are cylindrical portable speakers, and you can find the JBL logo on the forepart. All of the buttons are available on the upper side. Both devices look premium for their high-quality, rugged fabric. JBL Flip 4 is weightless than Flip 5.
So, you can carry this device easily without wasting any energy. Both speakers are IPX7 rated waterproof devices, and you can play this at any party without any problem.
This speaker has a dual passive radiator, delivering better sound than Flip 5. However, this speaker also provides excellent bass and monsters sound; if you want to experience better sound quality, choose Flip 4.
There is multiple color option you will get with both speakers. Flip 4 gives you a total of eight variants option, while Flip 5 provides 12 variants options. So you can select any variants depending on your choice. But the camouflage variants of the speaker look better than other colors.
Both devices are wireless speakers and come with a rechargeable battery. They give you 12 hours of battery life, so you don’t need to charge these speakers frequently. JBL Flip 4 has a 3000 mAh battery capacity, while Flip 5 has a 4800 mAh battery. As a result, flip 4 takes around 3.5 hours to get fully charged, while its competitor takes 2.5 hours to get fully charged.
JBL Flip 5 connector type is a party boost that allows you to connect with any other two-party increase compatible speakers. Connect with multiple speakers to give you a better sound experience.
On the other hand, JBL Flip 4 connector type is JBL Connect+, so you can pair with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
Flip 4 comes with a microphone feature that allows you to answer the call and has a voice command feature. You can control this speaker through Siri or google assistant. But unfortunately, there is no microphone and voice command feature available on JBL Flip 5.
In the box:
In the box of Flip 4, you’ll get – one JBL micro USB cable, one safety sheet, one quick start guide, and a warranty card. On the other hand, with Flip 5, you’ll get- one type C USB cable, safety sheet, quick start guide, and warranty card.
Durability and Warranty:
In present days, JBL speaker is one the popular speaker in the market. These are made for use at parties and home applications. They both are waterproof, and their premium build quality makes them more durable than other speakers—moreover, JBL coffers have one year of limited warranty. If the product has any issue during the warranty period, the company repairs it without any cost.
Both speakers will give you a fantastic music experience. But some advanced features like JBL connect+ feature, a microphone, a dual passive radiator, etc., make JBL Flip 4 the best here. So if you want to invest your money in the right products, then go for Flip 4.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 4 vs 5
|Can I answer my phone call with this Flip 5?
No, You can’t. Unfortunately, JBL Flip 5 doesn’t come with any microphone.
Do these speakers come with a case?
No, it doesn’t come with any case.
What does the red light mean?
Blinking red light means it’s gonna died. You’ll need to charge it now.
Will these speakers can play songs from a thumb drive?
No, These speakers are not compatible with a thumb drive.
You can also read some other comparisons here: