JBL Flip 3 and Flip 4 both are great Bluetooth speakers for any house entrainment or outdoor parties. However, if you want to choose the best one of these two, We strongly suggest Flip 4 for you.
Why We Suggest To Pick JBL Flip 4?
- JBL Flip 4 has a dual external passive radiator that provides you thundering bass. On the other hand, Flip 3 will offer you standard bass output because it doesn’t have any bass radiator.
- It has a lower frequency rate from 70Hz, giving you better sound quality with accurate bass than the older one.
- This speaker has an upgraded pairing feature Connect+ while Flip 3 feature a Connect option to pair.
- Flip 4 is an IPX7 rated waterproof Bluetooth speaker. Besides, its competitor has only a splashproof feature but doesn’t have any standard rating.
- This Bluetooth speaker has a powerful battery that gives you 12 hours of non-stop playback time, while its competitor provides you 10 hours of battery backup.
- This speaker supports the 4.2 Bluetooth version that gives you a better range. On the contrary, Flip 3 supports only the older Bluetooth version 4.1.
All of these features make JBL Flip 4 the best choice here. However, if you want the best sound quality, then go for it.
- Both speakers are splashproof, so this feature protects the device from water and spills.
- They have come with variants of color options so that you can select any color according to your personality.
- Both speakers have a 3.5mm audio jack that can be used with headphones or cords.
- They are built with high-quality material that makes them extremely durable.
So, these are the similar features that are available on both speakers. However, if you want the best sound experience with multiple advanced features, you should go with JBL flip 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL Flip 3 vs Flip 4
|Specifications||JBL Flip 3||JBL Flip 4|
|Editors Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1 pound||1.4 pounds|
|Product Dimension||8 x 7 x 4 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required||1 Lithium metal Battery Required|
|Battery Life||10 hours||12 hours|
|Charging time||3.5 hours||3.5 hours|
|Color||8 Variants Available||8 Variants Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities Between JBL Flip 3 and Flip 4
Both speakers are made with rugged fabric material that makes them more durable. They are come in a cylindrical shape and look very premium. There are a Volume controls button and Bluetooth button are available on the speaker’s body. Other buttons are available on the top of the speakers. JBL Flip 3 is lightweight than the other one. Its weight is 1 pound, and Flip 4 weight is 1.4 pounds.
Battery and Variants:
These two speakers come with decent batteries that will give you the perfect music session. JBL Flip 3 has a 3000 mAh battery that gives you 10 hours of battery backup on a single charge. On the other hand, Flip 4 has the same 3000 mAh battery and will last for 12 hours. So if you want to enjoy your music session for a long time, then you can choose Flip 4.
They come with variants of color options so that you can pick any color based on your taste. These two speakers have 8 different variants color options. But JBL Flip 4 has a camouflaged color that looks great than other color variants.
Sound Quality and Bass:
JBL speakers always provide top-notch sound with ear-catching bass. JBL Flip 4 has a dual external passive radiator that will give you extraordinary bass without any distortion. On the other hand, Flip 3 doesn’t come with any bass radiator, so its sound output won’t be as excellent as JBL Flip 4.
You can enhance your sound quality by pairing with other speakers. Flip 4 has a connect+ feature, so you can pair with 100+ enabled speakers easily. That gives you ear-catching sound quality with powerful stereo music. Besides, its competitor Flip 3, has a connected feature that can pair with other speakers but is not as powerful as Flip 4.
Waterproof and Speakerphone:
Both devices have splashproof features that protect them from the water. Flip 3 is a splashproof speaker that means it will work in any water or rain contact. On the other hand, JBL Flip 4 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. You can drown this speaker into the water 1m for 30 minutes without having any issues.
This device has a speakerphone feature so that you can receive calls through the speakers. They have echo-free mics that will give you the advantage of answer the calls directly from the speaker. You will get the dedicated button to receive calls on both speakers.
Durability and warranty:
These speakers, built with high-quality fabrics and splashproof features, make them more durable than other speakers. So, they will give you long-term service without having any issues. In addition, JBL offers 1 year of limited warranty for the speakers.
JBL Flip 3 and Flip 4 both are great in outlook with sound and bass quality. Both speakers are perfect for outdoor parties. But Flip 4 is the best because it has longer battery life, dual passive radiator, upgrade Connect+ feature, and standard waterproof rating. Flip 3 is also a better speaker if you are okay with this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Flip 3 and Flip 4
|Does Flip 3 have an aux connection for older non-Bluetooth devices?
It has a pin connection. It is designed for wireless usage, and you will have to contact JBL to see if it will work wired.
Does Flip 3 have a standard Waterproof rating?
No, it’s just a splash-proof Bluetooth speaker.
Is there has any handle to carry purpose?
No, but you can add a hook or belt to carrying purpose.
What is the frequency rate in Flip 4?
Flip 4 has a 70Hz-20kHz frequency rate.
You can read more comparisons below: