JBL Charge 4 and UE Boom 3 both come with premium sound quality. But some improved features made UE Boom 3 the best speaker here.
What Features Made UE Boom 3 Best?
- UE Boom 3 comes with 360 degrees of sound quality that gives you a bold, immersive, crystal clear sound. On the other hand, JBL Charge 4 does not have this feature.
- This speaker is an IP67 rated waterproof device, which means it’s water and dustproof with floating capability on the water. While its competitor is an IPX7 rated waterproof device but it’s not dustproof.
- It has a magic button feature, which allows you to control the playlist with a single touch. At the same time, this feature is missing on JBL Charge 4.
- This Bluetooth speaker is covered with shimmering two-tone fabric that makes it more durable on extreme usage. Besides, JBL Charge 4 does not have come with a strong build like UE Boom 3.
- This device can be accessed from 150-ft whereas, Charge 4 Bluetooth range is only 50-ft. Therefore, a more comprehensive Bluetooth range is better to cover a big area.
- You will get a charging dock station, so you can charge the Boom 3 wirelessly. Even, it’s always ready to go on the next musical adventure. On the other hand, this advanced feature is not available on Charge 4.
- Boom 3 bodyweight is 1.93, while JBL Charge 4 bodyweight is 2.13 pounds. Lightweight is easy to carry anywhere.
So, these are the advanced feature that makes the winner UE Boom 3 over JBL Charge 4. So, choose this one to enjoy your music session.
- Both speakers can connect with 100+ enabled speakers that make the sound quality clear and louder.
- They have a standard waterproof rating that protects the device from water or spills.
- These speakers have variant color options, so you can select any color according to your choice.
These are similar features you will get with both speakers. However, for better sound quality with other advanced features, you need to choose UE Boom 3.
Comparison Chart: JBL Charge 4 vs UE Boom 3
|Specifications||JBL Charge 4||UE Boom 3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||2.13 pounds||1.93 pounds|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IP67 rated|
|Battery||1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required||1 A Battery Required|
|Battery Life||15 hours||20 hours|
|Charging time||5.5 hours||2.5 hours|
|360-degree sound system||No||Yes|
|Charging Dock station||Yes||No|
|Product Dimension||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Year|
Differences and Similarities: JBL Charge 4 vs UE Boom 3
These two speakers come in the same cylinder-shaped design with high-quality materials. Thus, Charge 4 is heavier than Boom 3, its body weight is 2.13 pounds, and its dimension is 3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches. On the other hand, UE Boom 3 bodyweight is 1.93 pounds, and its dimension is 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.25 inches.
The battery is an essential part of any speaker. JBL charge 4 gives you 20 hours of playback time, and it takes 5.5 hours to get fully charged. While UE Boom 3 gives you 15 hours of playback time and takes 2.5 hours to charge fully.
There is a charging dock station, which allows you set Boom 3 wirelessly. In contrast, this feature is missing on Charge 4. If you want a more extended battery for your music adventure, you can choose JBL Charge 4.
Sound and Bass:
Both speakers give you premium sound and bass quality. UE Boom 3 has a 360 degrees sound system that gives you clear sound from every direction. In contrast, this feature is not available on Charge 4.
JBL charge 4 has a dual passive radiator that gives you clear sound with strong bass. On the other hand, Boom 3 does not have any radiator. So, overall both devices give you better sound quality, and they are perfect for any outdoor party.
Controls and Buttons:
There is some dedicated button that is available on both speakers. Charge 4 has a six-button placed on its body. The Bluetooth and Power buttons are placed in the center with a light indicator. In addition, you will get the connect+ button and volume button on the top of the speaker.
On the other hand, UE Boom 3 has a large volume control button on the speaker body. A magic button is available with this speaker that is used to control the playlist with a single touch. You will get a bungee hanger with Boom 3 for carrying purposes.
Waterproof And Powerbank:
UE Boom 3 is an IP67 rated waterproof device that is water and dustproof with floating ability on the water. On the other hand, Charge 4 is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. But, it has only a waterproof feature, and it can’t float on the water. So, Both speakers come with a robust waterproof rating that enhances their durability.
UE Boom 3 can connect with 100 Boom2/Megaboom enabled speakers through the PartyBoost app. Without this app, this speaker can’t connect to other speakers. At the same time, JBL Charge 4 can pair with 100 connect+ enabled speakers easily. Connecting with other speakers can improve your sound quality and intensify the bass levels.
Both speakers come with various color options. Charge 4 comes with twelve variants of color options, while UE Boom 3 has only four variants of color. So, you can choose any color based on your taste.
Durability and Warranty:
JBL Charge 4 and UE Boom 3 speaker-built qualities are so much high. Their higher waterproof rating also maintains their durability. But Boom 3 has a standard waterproof rating than Charge 4. So, this one lasts for a long time, then Charge 4.
JBL offers 1 year of limited warranty while UE gives you 2 years of warranty service.
JBL Charge 4 and UE Boom 3 are two that provide you best sound experience. But for the standard waterproof rating,360-degree sound system, magic button feature, and lightweight device, I strongly recommend the UE Boom 3 for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 4 &UE Boom 3
|Does Boom 3 have a wireless charging feature?
Yes, It has a charging dock station that allows the speaker to charge wirelessly.
What is the Bluetooth range of Boom 3?
The Bluetooth range of Boom 3 is 150-ft.
How many times does Charge 4 take to get full charged?
It takes 5.5 hours to fully charged.
What is the Frequency range of Boom 3?
The frequency range of Boom 3 is 90Hz-20kHz.
You can also check some other speaker comparisons below: