JBL Charge 4 and Flip 5 are two fantastic speakers from JBL. However, we found JBL Charge 4 has got some upgraded features that make it the best one.
What Features Make JBL Charge 4 Best?
- JBL Charge 4 comes with a powerful battery that provides you up to 20 hours of battery backup. On the other hand, Flip 5 gives you only 12 hours of battery backup.
- This speaker includes a dual passive radiator which makes your music quality more enjoyable. In contrast, its competitor comes with ordinary bass.
- Charge 4 can be connected with a 100 connect+ enabled speaker, which makes the sound louder. On the contrary, its competitor can pair two speakers through PartyBoost.
- It’s built with premium fabric and rugged rubber, making it more durable than the other, and it survives all of your toughest adventures. At the same time, Flip 5 has been made with ordinary fabric.
- This speaker battery gives you a power bank facility that means you can charge your phone and other devices.
- You will get 12 variants of color options with the JBL Charge 4 speaker. So, you can choose your desired one. Even, it has a better and updated outlook than the other one.
After this discussion, I hope you will have no more confusion about choosing the better one. So, JBL Charge 4 gives you better performance than the other one.
- Both speakers are IPX7 certified devices. This device gives full protection from water and rain.
- Their Bluetooth range is 100 feet which allows you to keep them at a certain distance.
- They give you premium quality sound and bass.
So, these are similar features of both devices. If you are okay with these features, then you can choose any speaker. But for the best quality sound with upgraded features, choose Charge 4.
Quick Comparison: JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 5
|JBL Charge 4
|JBL Flip 5
|4.8 out of 5
|4.5 out of 5
|3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches
|7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches
|1 Lithium Polymer Battery required
|1 Lithium Metal Battery required
Differences & Similarities: JBL Charge 4 and Flip 5
Both speakers come in the same outlook. But the only difference is their size, where JBL Charge 4 is bigger than the other one. JBL Charge 4 weight is 3.21 pounds while its competitor Flip 5 weight is 1.2 pounds.
In addition, they offer a dedicated volume control button and a power button on a single size. These speakers are designed with durable fabric design, which makes them more durable.
Multi- Speaker connection:
JBL Charge 4 can connect with 100 Connect+ speakers. This feature enhances the sound and makes them louder. On the other hand, Flip 5 can pair multiple devices with a party boost feature. So, JBL connect+ gives you better service than party boost.
Connectivity and battery:
You can connect both devices through Bluetooth which allows you to operate these speakers from 100 feet of distance. Thus, JBL Charge 4 gives you a powerful battery and offers 20 hours of battery life.
But JBL Flip 5 provides you 12 hours of battery backup. So if you want to enjoy outside parties, then JBL Charge 4 gives you the best backup. You can also use these batteries for charging your phone or other devices.
Sound and Bass:
JBL Speaker gives you the best sound quality than others speakers. Both Bluetooth speakers give you decent sound and a natural tone. However, charge 4 delivers better bass because it was included with a dual passive radiator. This feature makes the bass quality top-notch at any sound level. While Flip 5 does not have this feature at all.
There are a lot of color variants available with these speakers. You will get 12 color variants options with these speakers. You can choose your desired one easily. With these color variants, camouflage is the better variant that is available on both devices.
Flip 5 and Charge 4 have a 3.5mm audio input. With this cable, you can connect the speaker. Moreover, with this cable connection, your device is still to be powered on.
They both devices are IPX7 certified waterproof devices. This feature protects the device from any water splash or spills, and you also can submerge the devices up to feet of water for 30 minutes.
Durability and Warranty:
They are covered with high-quality premium fabric, which makes them more durable than the other ones. In addition, JBL offers 1 Year warranty. So if a product gets damaged, then it will be fixed without any cost.
Both speakers come with IPZ7 certified waterproof devices. However, for the high battery level, improved bass quality, and JBL Connect + feature, I suggest you buy JBL Charge 4. Otherwise, JBL Flip 5 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 4 and Flip 5
|Is this JBL Charge 4 loud enough to be heard in a boat?
If you’re staying at the beachside and place it on, you can hear it better. But if you are on the boat, then you can still listen to it. You can’t enjoy it.
What is the dimension of JBL Flip5?
The dimension of Flip 5 is 7.1 x 2.7 x 2.9 inches.
Can I charge my smartphone with these speakers batteries?
Yes, these batteries give you power bank facilities. With these facilities, you can charge the phone or other devices.
Can Flip 5 pick up FM stations?
No, It has only the capability of picking up Bluetooth radio frequencies.
You can also read some other comparisons below: