JBL Charge 4 and Flip 4 are two fantastic Bluetooth Speakers from JBL. However, if you are in trouble choosing the best one between them, we recommend JBL Charge 4 for you.
Why We Recommend to Pick JBL Charge 4?
- JBL Charge 4 has a dual passive radiator that will deliver you ear-cathing JBL sound with strong bass. On the other hand, JBL Flip 4 has ordinary bass quality with no radiator.
- This Bluetooth speaker provides a lower frequency rate from 60HZ that will provide you with better bass than Flip 4.
- It comes with a powerful battery and lasts for 20 hours. In contrast, JBL Flip 4 gives you 12 hours of battery backup. So, with Charge 4, you can enjoy a long music session without worrying about the charge.
- This speaker has a USB-C-type charging port. So, you can charge your phone and other devices with this speaker like a power bank. While Flip 4 does not come with this feature.
- Charge 4 is built with high-quality fabric, which makes this speaker more durable even during extreme adventures. But Flip 4 comes with regular built quality.
- It has more color variations than the other ones. For example, JBL Charge 4 has 12 color options while its competitor has only 8 color options.
These are the advanced feature that makes JBL Charge 4 a winner in this article. For better sound quality, you can choose JBL Charge 4.
- Both devices are made with premium quality material that makes them durable, and you can use them for a long time.
- They are IPX7 rated device that allows you to use them to the beach and pool party without facing any issue.
- The speaker can be connected with other connect+ enabled speakers, which enhances the sound quality.
- Both speakers support Bluetooth version 4.2, which gives a better range.
These are similar features that you find on both speakers. But Charge 4 gives better sound quality with some advanced functions.
Quick Comparison: JBL Flip 4 vs Charge 4
|Specifications||JBL Charge 4||JBL Flip 4|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Weight||3.21 pounds||1.14 pounds|
|Products Dimensions||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches||2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches|
|Battery Type||1 Lithium Polymer Battery Required||1 Lithium Metal Battery Required|
|Battery Life||20 hours||12 hours|
|Charging time||4 hours||3.5 hours|
|Frequency Range||60HZ- 20kHz||70HZ-20kHz|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities: JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 4
JBL Charge 4 and Flip 4 both have cylindrical-shaped designs. Thus, Flip 4 is more lightweight than Charge 4. JBL Flip 4 weight is 3.21 pounds, and dimension is 3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches.
On the other hand, Charge 4 weight is 1.14 pounds, and its dimension is 2.76 x 6.89 x 2.68 inches. In addition, you will get the power and connect+ button on the side of the speakers. And others buttons are available on the top of the speakers.
Before buying any speaker, you need to consider the battery life. Charge 4 gives you 20 hours of battery backup while its competitor gives only 12 hours of battery life.
Longer battery life means you can enjoy the party a little bit more time. JBL Charge also comes with a USB-C port that allows you to charge the phone and other devices. On the other hand, Flip 4 does not have this advanced feature.
Sound and Bass:
Both JBL speakers give you premium sound quality. But JBL Charge 4 has a dual passive radiator that provides the strongest bass than the other one. So you will get the best sound quality without having any distortion. Flip 4 does not come with this feature.
Connect+ and Bluetooth:
These speakers can connect with 100 connect+ enabled speakers, which helps get crystal clear sound and outstanding bass. Robust bass enhances the entertainment of your party. In addition, both speakers support the 4.2 Bluetooth version, which means it will give you a better range than other devices.
They have a standard waterproof rating. Both are IPX7 rated waterproof devices which means you can use these speakers at the pool or beachside parties. You can also submerge the speakers into the water for 1m for 30 minutes. This feature also makes them more durable devices.
You will get a lot of variants options with these speakers. Here, Charge 4 will give you 12 variant color options, and Flip 4 comes with only 8 variants options. So, you can select your desired color according to your taste. JBL Charge 4 looks better than JBL Flip 4.
Durability and Warranty:
JBL is the best company in the recent market, and their premium built quality makes them more durable than other speakers. And the standard waterproof rating makes them more robust.
So, you can use them for a long time without having any problem. In addition, JBL offers 1 year of limited warranty. In the warranty period, if the product gets damaged, it will be fixed without any cost.
After this discussion, I think you have already decided which speaker is good for you. If you are confused about choosing one between them, I suggest you buy Charge 4 because it has longer battery life, emergency charging port, lower frequency rate, and dual passive radiator.
To enjoy the party with the best sound quality, choose it. Otherwise, Flip 4 is also a better speaker; if you are okay with this feature, go for it.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 4 vs Flip 4
|What is the battery capacity of JBL Charge 4?
JBL Charge 4 comes with a 3000mAh battery capacity.
Does Charge 4 include a charger?
Yes, the charger charges the battery. Just you need to use your own cored to charge your phones or other devices.
Do these speakers have a 3.5mm audio jack?
Yes, Both speakers come with a 3.5mm audio jack.
Is there any volume level indication feature available?
No, there is no volume indication feature available in these speakers.
Read more comparisons below: