JBL Charge 3 and Charge 4 come with many similar features. But if you are here to purchase the best one between these two, I strongly suggest you go for Charge 4.
Why I Suggest JBL Charge 4?
- JBL Charge 4 has a USB-C type charging cable besides Charge 3 has a Micro USB option. But, recently, all smartphones come with USB-C charging ports so that you can charge your phone through JBL Charge 4 speaker.
- With this speaker, you will get a powerful 7500 mAh battery, so it provides you with a better battery backup. On the other hand, Charge 3 comes with a 6000 mAh battery.
- This speaker supports Bluetooth version 4.2 that allows data transfer faster and provides a better range. While its competitor Charge 3 supports Bluetooth version 4.1, it does not give you a high range like Charge 4.
- It has a dual passive radiator, which provides powerful, ear-catching JBL sound. Besides, Charge 3 doesn’t have this advanced feature.
- It is made with durable fabric and rugged rubber that allows your speaker to endure all of your exciting adventures. At the same time, Charge 3 doesn’t have this unique facility.
- JBL Charge 4 has more color variation than Charge 3. There are 12 Color options are available with Charge 4. Whereas, Charge 3 has only 6 variant color options.
After knowing all of these features, you must make your decision to take JBL Charge 4. It will be an excellent Bluetooth speaker for you.
Similarities between JBL Charge 3 vs Charge 4
- Both speakers are IPX7 waterproof speakers. So, you can use these speakers at any pool or beachside parties and don’t need to worry about rain or water splash.
- The speaker battery provides you power bank facility. So, you can charge your phone and other devices at an emergency time.
- With these speakers, you will get variants of color options. So, you choose a color based on your taste.
- You will get very decent sound quality and bass, which make your listing session more pleasant.
- Both offer you USB outputs and 3.5mm stereo inputs.
All of these similar functions you will get with both speakers. But Charge 4 give you better sound quality with some advanced feature.
Quick Comparison: JBL Charge 4 vs Charge 3
|Specification||JBL Charge 3||JBL Charge 4|
|Editors rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.8 pounds||3.21 pounds|
|Product Dimension||9.1 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches||3.5 x 8.5 x 3.4 inches|
|Output power||2 x 10 W||30 W|
|Battery life||20 hours||20 hours|
|Battery Capacity||7500 mAh||6000 mAh|
|Charging time||4.5 hours||5.5 hours|
|Waterproof||IPX7 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Color||Variants Available||Variants Available|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Differences & Similarities: JBL Charge 3 vs 4
Both speakers come in a portable size so that you can carry this anywhere. They have quite the same outlook, but they have differences in size. JBL Charge 4 is a little bit large than the Charge3. With these speakers, you will get 9 buttons. And you will get Bluetooth, volume control, and a power setting button with these speakers.
Sound Quality and Bass:
JBL Charge 4 and Charge 3 give you better sound quality. But JBL charge 4 has a dual passive radiator which delivers more clear and ear-catching sound. On the other hand, Charge 3 does not have this unique feature. Charge 3 also gives decent quality sound, and stereo sound makes your sound quality better.
Waterproof and noise cancellation:
Both speakers have IPX7 rated waterproof speakers. So, you can enjoy your beach or poolside party without any problem. This feature gives your speakers complete protection from water and spills. In addition, JBL Charge 3 has noise-canceling features for answering phone calls. Whereas charge 4 does not come with this feature.
They are connected via Bluetooth. Charge 3 supports Bluetooth version 4.1 while its competitor supports Bluetooth version 4.2. The Updated Bluetooth version provides you better range than the older one. In addition, with JBL Charge 4, you will get a USB-C charging port, while Charge 3 comes with a micro USB charging option.
Charge 4 gives you 20 hours of battery back up with a 7500 mAh battery capacity. On the other hand, Charge 3 provides 20 hours of battery backup, but its battery capacity is 6000 mAh. JBL charge 4 takes 5.5 hours to get fully charged while its competitor takes 4.5 hours to get fully charged.
You can connect with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers with JBL Charge 4. You will get a button for this feature. Unfortunately, Charge 3 does not have this excellent feature.
Durability and Warranty:
These two JBL speakers are built with premium fabric which makes them more durable. For a waterproof feature, you can use them at any poolside party. In addition, JBL offers one year warranty. So if you will face any issue with this product, then it will be fixed freely.
I hope now you understand why I recommend Charge 4. It gives you a better battery, dual passive radiator, USB-C charging port, and better Bluetooth range. If you are okay without these features, then you can choose Charge 3.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Charge 3 and Charge 4
|Can I use the power cord with Charge 4 if the battery is low and still listen to music?
Yes, this speaker works well during the plug-in.
Does this Charge 3 speaker include a charger?
They include a charging cable, not a wall charger.
Which country made this Charge 3 speaker?
This JBL speaker is made in china.
Can you control the bass or treble?
Not on the speaker. You will have to use the source to make fine adjustments.
You can check some other comparisons below: