JBL Boombox and Xtreme 2 are both fantastic speakers in the market. But, between these two speakers, JBL Boombox comes with some advanced features that made it the best.
Which Features Made JBL Boombox Best?
- JBL Boombox comes with four transducers and 2 bass radiators which help to improve the bass. On the other hand, JBL Xtreme 2 does not have this feature.
- This massive speaker includes with 20000mAh battery, and it can last up to 24 hours. Besides, JBL Xtreme 2 has only a 10000mAh battery that will give you 15 hours of backup.
- This speaker comes with a 50Hz frequency, and the Xtreme 2 comes with a 55Hz frequency. The lower frequency rating is essential to judge the quality of any audio device. In addition, JBL Boombox is more capable of creating rich bass sound than Xtreme 2.
- It provides up to 60 watts of audio power, while Xtreme 2 delivers a maximum of 40 watts. More watts means louder, and it creates less distortion at any volume.
- This device has two USB ports which allow you to connect with more devices. Besides, its competitor has only one port.
These features make JBL Boombox the best speaker than Xtreme. So you will be satisfied with this Bluetooth speaker.
- Both speakers are IPX7 rated waterproof devices. So you can use them at any beach or poolside party without worrying about water.
- They can be connected with 100 Connect+ enabled speakers.
- With these speaker’s batteries, you can charge your smartphones or tablets. So, you can use it as a power bank.
- Both speakers have a stereo speaker that creates richer sound.
- JBL Boombox and JBL Xtreme 2 are covered with standard fabric materials that make them much more robust and durable.
The mentioned point is the similarities of these speakers. So if you are confused about choosing one, then we suggest you choose JBL Boombox.
Quick Comparison: JBL Boombox vs Xtreme 2
|JBL Xtreme 2
|4.8 out of 5
|4.5 out of 5
|20.55 x 9.53 x 13.39 inches
|7.9 x 12.1 x 18.1 inches
|1 Lithium Metal Battery Required
|1 CR2 Battery Required
|Black, Green, Squad Camo
|Black, Blue, Camouflage, Green, Red
Differences & Similarities: JBL Boombox and JBL Xtreme 2
JBL Boombox and Xtreme 2 both are looking quite the same. But JBL Boombox is larger than Xtreme2. There is a handle that can be used for carrying these speakers to the parties. Both speakers are made with some premium rugged fabric material. This premium material enhances the speaker’s durability.
This speaker comes with a 20000 mAh battery, which provides you a long day backup. On the other hand, Xtreme 2 comes with 10000 mAh battery power and lasts for 15 hours. Smartphones or tablets can be charged with these batteries. You can use this as a power bank. They have a battery level indicator to show the low battery level.
The Lowest frequency is vital for judging any audio quality.JBL Boombox has a 50Hz frequency, and JBL Xtreme has a 55Hz. As a result, the Boombox is capable of creating rich bass sounds than Xtreme 2.
In addition, the JBL Xtreme 2 is included with a noise-canceling microphone to connect calls smoothly. Furthermore, the Boombox comes with four transducers and 2 bass radiators which help to improve the bass.
JBL Boombox and JBL Xtreme 2 support Bluetooth 4.0 technology to connect with other devices. Boombox has 2 USB ports, and Xtreme 2 has only 1 USB port. These Bluetooth speakers can connect with multiple speakers via Bluetooth at the same time.
Button and speaker pairing:
The speaker has a lot of buttons to control the device perfectly. All of these buttons are placed on the top of the speaker. In addition, there is a Connect+ button that helps you to pair with other speakers. Finally, the Boombox comes with 2 USB ports, and the other one comes with one USB port.
Both JBL Speaker is waterproof IPX7 rated device that allows you to use them in a beach or poolside party. They are entirely waterproof devices, so there is no worry about water splash. In addition, they have the Connect+ feature. That feature allows you to connect your speaker with 100+ enabled speakers.
Durability and Warranty:
These two speakers give you clear sound at any bass level. They are made with premium fabric, so both speakers are super durable. IPX7 rating will provide you with complete protection from rain and water. In addition, JBL offers a 1-year limited warranty. In this time, if the product gets damaged during manufacture, then it will be fixed.
In the box:
Now, you can be asked what else comes with these speakers. So, with JBL Boombox, you will get a Power Adapter and Charging Cable. On the other hand, with JBL Xtreme, you will get JBL Xtreme 2, Power adapter,1 Strap, Quick start guide, Safety sheet, and warranty card.
JBL Boombox and Xtreme 2 both are perfect speakers for any type parties. Boombox is the best because of its better sound quality, higher battery power, and higher audio power. Otherwise, you can choose Xtreme 2. It is also a good option for only home entertainment.
Frequently Asked Questions about JBL Boombox & Xtreme 2
|How good is the bass of the Boombox?
It’s outstanding as there is the JBL Bassradiator included.
Is there any distortion problem in a higher bass level?
No, the sound is more precise and more smooth.
Do they have a wireless charging option?
Sadly, No. But these speakers charged within a few hours.
Can I charge my tablets through the speaker’s battery?
Yes, this speaker battery charged your tablets or smartphones.
Read some other comparisons below: