JBL Boombox and Boombox 2 contain almost the same features. But you should choose JBL Boombox 2 because of its improved functions.
Why You Should Choose JBL Boombox 2?
- It can create a richer sound because it has two speakers; their output power is 40W (AC mode) and 30 W ( battery mode). On the other hand, JBL Boombox comes with one speaker, and its output power is 30W. So, JBL Boombox 2 provides much better sound quality than JBL Boombox.
- This Bluetooth speaker can be connected with two smartphones or tablets at the same time, and it includes a powerful 5.1 Bluetooth version. At the same time, JBL Boombox 2 also connects with two smartphones or tablets, but it includes with 4.1 Bluetooth version. This 5.1 Bluetooth technology provides better speed and range than 4.1 Bluetooth technology.
- It comes with the better build quality. Even JBL Boombox’s 53.3mm shorter than JBL Boombox 2.
After all of the discussion, now you are no more confused about why JBL Boombox 2 is a better option. So, go for this one, and the performance will be satisfying.
Similarities of JBL Boombox and Boombox 2
- The speaker is an IPX7 rated waterproof device. So, no need to worry about rain or water even if you submerge these speakers in the water.
- Both speakers are covered with high-quality materials, which ensures durability even in any adventure.
- Connect + provides the speaker connect with more than 100 speakers.
- These speakers have very good sound quality with standard bass, making the music more smooth and clear.
- They have a rechargeable battery, and you can use the speaker over again.
- They feature a one-year limited warranty.
Quick Comparison: JBL Boombox vs Boombox 2
|JBL Boombox 2
|4.5 out of 5
|4.8 out of 5
|20.55 x 9.53 x 13.39 inches
|12.76 x 9.33 x 21.97 inches
|30W ( AC mode), 40W ( battery mode)
|1 Lithium metal batteries
|1 Lithium polymer batteries
|Black, Green, Squad Camo
Differences & Similarities Between JBL Boombox and Boombox 2
Size and Weight
JBL Boombox is more lightweight than Boombox 2. Its weight is 6.25 pounds, and its dimension size is 20.55 x 9.53 x 13.39 inches. On the other hand, the 2nd generation Boombox 2 weight is 13.03 pounds, and the dimension size is 12.76 x 9.33 x 21.97 inches. Thus, JBL Boombox 2 is slightly larger, but the weight difference is pretty small.
The new JBL Boombox 2 is here with Bluetooth 5.1 technology. This 5.1 Bluetooth technology gives you a faster and more stable connection. On the other hand, JBL Boombox still has 4.2 Bluetooth technology. Both speakers can be connected with two smartphones and deliver powerful stereo sound.
When you go to purchase the speaker, battery life is a major thing to consider. Both devices give you 24 hours of playback time per charge. These speakers take 6.5 hours for a full charge. However, there are a few differences in their battery type. One Lithium metal battery has been used in the JBL Boombox speaker, and One Lithium polymer battery is used in JBL Boombox 2 speaker.
Both speakers give you better sound quality. But the JBL Boombox 2 comes with two speakers, and their output power is 30W ( AC mode) and 40W ( battery mode). Besides, JBL Boombox has one speaker, the output power is 30W. The new Boombox 2 sounds much clearer than the older one. The noise is a small problem in the JBL boombox, while the new Boombox 2 does not have this problem. You can use this speaker with satisfaction.
They have almost the same control panel. The JBL Boombox and Boombox 2 have five buttons just below the handles. One button is for Bluetooth pairing, one for volume down, one for power/ connect+, one for volume up, and play/pause/voice assistance/speakerphones button.
JBL Boombox and Boombox 2 both are available in multiple color variants. The Boombox has a total of three color options so that you can select your desired one. These colors are black, green, and squad camo. Besides, Boombox 2 has two color variants black and camo. This new Boombox 2 has better color and design that looks great on this speaker.
As these devices are Bluetooth speakers, you might use them at a party. Both devices are waterproof with an IPX7 rating. So, you don’t have to worry about the surroundings. There won’t be any problem with dust or water. So, you are ready to go to any outside parties with this speaker.
Durability and warranty
These devices are built with high-quality materials so that you can use them without any issue. Both speakers are perfect for any outside party. In addition, you will have a one-year limited warranty for these devices; if the device gets damaged during the manufacture, it gets fixed without any cost.
JBL Boombox and Boombox 2 both are almost similar feature speakers. But obviously, you want a better one on your bucket list. Boombox 2 gives you a better quality sound system with its two speakers and includes 5.1 Bluetooth technology. This gives you a better feature so go with this speaker.
FAQs about JBL Boombox and Boombox 2
|Does it take too long to charge the battery?
Both speakers take 6.5 hours to fully charge it and enjoy it for the next 24 hours.
Is Boombox 2 waterproof?
Yes, it is waterp[roof and IPX7 rated.
Is the battery rechargeable?
Yes, it’s rechargeable. It can also be used to charge your devices.
What is the Bluetooth range of JBL Boombox 2?
It provides up to 30 feet of Bluetooth range.
You can also read some other comparisons below: