Reset your JBL Flip 5 when you see problems like a sudden turn-off, connecting to other devices via Bluetooth fails or other issues happen. You can give the machine a reset in several ways. In this article, I will reveal those options and their effects on a gadget for you so that you can choose the best method for your needs.
Ways To Reset JBL Flip 5
Two reset techniques are available for you, and both are best fitted to resolve your troubles. These two methods are soft reset and hard reset. Follow the guideline to get to know more about how to apply.
Method 1: Soft Reset
When the issue has happened to the gadget and is not solved, try for a soft reset. It will fix the difficulties the machine is currently facing and make it afresh like a new one. Check the steps to do it-
- The first thing you have to do is to check whether JBL Flip 5 is powered on or not. If it is not activated, push the power button to switch it on.
- Place two fingers on the play and volume down buttons and press them.
- You will have to hold the buttons for a few seconds. The machine will turn off, giving a sound. At the same time, the blue light of the speaker also goes down.
- The soft reset is complete, and it is ready to use.
Method 2: Hard Reset
A factory reset is a way to go if you just want to clear your settings and start fresh. It will reset your speaker to its default settings, so you’ll need to re-pair it with your device and set up your preferences again. To factory reset your JBL Flip 5, follow these steps:
- Ensure the JBL flip 5 is turned on.
- Press and hold down play or resume and volume up buttons simultaneously until the machine is not turned off.
- It will take 5 seconds, and when it powers down, it will generate an ending sound, and the blue light beside the power button lights off.
- Done! Your Flip 5 is reset completely. Now press the power button to turn it on.
- As it is turned into factory mode, it will search for a Bluetooth network. Pair it with a device and enjoy its fantastic sound.
If you still have issues, you may need to contact JBL customer support for further assistance.
I hope this article helped you to reset your JBL Flip 5. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me in the comments below.
Read more related articles-