Bose Soundbar 500 and Sonos Beam are both the best speaker for enhancing the TV sound experience. However, if you want to choose the better ones, I recommend Sonos Beam as it comes with some advanced features.
Why I Recommend Sonos Beam?
- This speaker provides a high-definition sound and gives you a full and detailed sound in every corner of your house. On the other hand, its competitor Soundbar 500 has a decent sound but is not good as the Sonos Beam.
- Sonos Beam is 25.6-inch wide than Soundbar 500. Its weight is 6.35 pounds, and its competitor Soundbar 500, weighs 7 pounds. The lower weight is better to carry anywhere.
- You will get two different color variants with this Sonos Beam speaker. So, you can select black or white according to your room set up, while Bose Soundbar provides only a black variant color.
- This device has a night mode feature, whereas this feature isn’t included in the Soundbar 500.
- It offers 2 years of limited warranty while Bose Soundbar 500 comes with 1 year of warranty.
Sonos Beam is a perfect speaker combined with all of the advanced features that enhance the sound of your Tv, Music, and more. So, you should consider this one.
Similarities of Bose Soundbar 500 and Sonos Beam
- Both speakers support Alexa and apple airplay 2, which allows you to stream wirelessly whatever you want.
- They can be controlled with remote, app, or voice control.
- These devices come with an easy setup that you can fix personally.
- Both devices come with a very slim design.
Quick Comparison Chart
|Specification||Bose Soundbar 500||Sonos Beam|
|Editors Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||4 x 31.5 x 1.75 inches||25.6 x 2.7 x 3.9 inches|
|Color||Black||Black and White|
|Number of Speaker Drivers||0||1|
Difference and Similarities: Bose Soundbar 500 vs Sonos Beam
Sonos Beam comes with a round shape, while Soundbar has a typical long size. The button is placed on the backside of the speaker. Sonos Beam provides two different colors so, you can choose black and white according to your choice.
These speakers come in a perfect size, so they fit any space on your Tv shelf. You also can mount the Sonos Beam in the wall. Sonos Beam is weighed less than the competitor, its weight is 6.35 pounds, and Soundbar 500 weight is 7 pounds. The lower weight is better than the heavy one.
Both speakers come with a voice assistant so that you can control the devices easily. They are compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. It also comes with a rejection microphone. They are also compatible with Apple Airplay 2.
So, there is no objection to the sound quality of the soundbar speaker. Soundbar 500 provides you with classic Bose sound, and you will enjoy it. On the other hand, Sonos Beam also gives you a better sound with 5 strong drivers included. This device produces an instrument with a rich and informative tone, and the high definition of this speaker will fill the whole room.
You can control these devices in three ways:
- They have come with a remote that allows you to adjust the volume and other management with that remote.
- There is a music app available that can be used to control the devices too.
- You can also control these devices with voice commands through the Voice assistant.
Set these devices are more accessible; you can configure them within two minutes. There are need two cords, and the remote comes with automatic detection for the Sonos Beam. While its competitor, Soundbar 500, has a simple app driver to set up.
You can add other specific devices if you want to enhance your sound and bass quality. For example, to amplify the sound for soundbar 500, then you can add the Bose Surround Speakers for clear bass and sound. On the other hand, you can also add the additional speaker with Sonos bream to enhance your music sound.
In the Box:
With Bose Soundbar 500, you will get- Bose Soundbar 500, a Basic remote,2 AAA batteries, one ADAPTiQ headset, one HDMI cable, power cord.
On the other hand, With Sonos Beam, you will get- a Sonos Beam speaker, AC power cord, HDMI cable, Optical cable, Ethernet cable, Quick start guide.
Durability and warranty:
Bose soundbar 500 and Sonos Beam, both speakers are built with premium quality. Both are designed as they won’t be defective easily. Sonos Beam comes with a 2-year warranty service, while Bose offers only a 1-year warranty service. For better service, Sonos Beam would be the best choice.
Bose Soundbar is the best speaker in the market, and it also provides you with so many features. But for some advanced features, Sonos Beam would be the winner. If you like classic speakers, then you can choose a Bose speaker. It prefers your classic Bose sound.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bose Soundbar 500 and Sonos Beam
|How is the bass of the Bose Soundbar 500?
The bass is decent. But if you want to rock the house, the sub-woofer is recommended.
Does this Soundbar support Bluetooth earbuds?
The Soundbar 700 can only receive Bluetooth signals and cannot transmit to Bluetooth earbuds.
Do both speakers are wireless?
The Beam requires either HDMI ARC or an optical connection to the TV, but the rest of the speakers connect wirelessly. All speakers require a physical connection to a wall power outlet.
Does this speaker support Bluetooth?
It doesn’t support Bluetooth, but that’s OK as long as you have Internet. Wi-Fi provides better sound than Bluetooth. Bluetooth compresses the audio signal, so it’s not quite as good as Wi-Fi.
You may have interest in some other comparisons here: