We picked the best headphones from Bose and Sony, and these are Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and Sony WH-1000XM4. However, after comparing some important features between Bose and Sony, we found Sony WH-1000XM4 is superior to Bose.
Why Sony WH-1000XM4 is Superior?
- This headphone offers an 1100 mAh mega battery for 30 hours of battery life. In addition, this battery backup easily confirms the whole day’s playback time which makes Sony WH-1000XM4 the ultimate battery life monster. Besides, these headphones need 3 hours to charge fully, which is unbelievable with battery backup. On the contrary, the Bose Noise Cancelling 700 comes with a 630 mAh battery that delivers 20 hours of battery life. Also, the charging time is around 2.5 hours for this 20 hours battery backup.
- The Dual Sensor industry-level noise cancellation system is available on the Sony WH-1000XM4. As a result, the ANC features become more professional with clear sound by blocking unwanted noise. At the same time, the Bose Noise Cancelling headphones 700 has an 11 level ANC, which is also brilliant, but when it comes to accuracy, the Dual Sensor performs briefly better than the Bose.
- A battery level indicator on the Sony WH-1000XM4 shows the exact battery life condition. Besides, you might forget when to charge the headset because of its battery life. Unfortunately, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 did not include any battery level indicator on the headset body.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 can connect Bluetooth with NFC. As a result, the connections become super fast and robust. In addition, the NFC features add some extra advantages to connect seamlessly.
- It also has an Ambient Sound option. The ambient Sound feature is handy when running, exercising, or walking in traffic because it helps you know outside sounds. So, you can hear both music and outside sounds simultaneous if you want. And this option is also unavailable in the Bose headphone.
- Its foldable design affirms comforting carrying. You can easily fold it to fit on a suitcase and backpack easily. In comparison, the Bose was designed like standard headset style. So you might face difficulties putting on the bag.
All in all, the Sony WH-1000XM4 is updated and an improved performer. Moreover, we already mentioned some essential features of Sony ahead of the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. So, choosing the Sony WH-1000XM4 will be a great decision.
Similar Features of Sony and Bose Noise Cancelling
- Both of these headphones added an individual built-in mic for ANC. That’s why the maximum accuracy is maintained at the unwanted sound blocking.
- These headsets are compatible with wirelessly used. Which adds extra style at wearing and can be used at various angles.
- They support a voice command facility, which allows you to communicate with the voice assistant.
- Bluetooth 5.1 used both of these devices. As a result, the connection range becomes broad and robust.
Quick Comparison: Bose Headphones vs Sony
|Specifications||Sony WH-1000XM4||Bose 700|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Dimension||7.27 x 3.03 x 9.94 inches||2 x 6.5 x 8 inches|
|Audio chip||Sony Q1||None|
|Battery Life||30 hours||20 hours|
|Android ™ compatible||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||254 g||249 g|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Things that you can consider about Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700
- The Bose 700 provides 8 mics to control the performance of the headphones. These mics work in different segments of the headset. So, you will get solid performance with the outputs and input of the sound.
- This headset features mute function technology that allows you mute or silences the connected handset from the headphones control bar.
- It is a sweat-resistant headset, and you can exercise while wearing it without any worries.
Eventually, the Bose 700 is a brilliant headset and promising with the performance. However, the Sony provides updated characteristics; even so, the Bose 700 also is powerful with its features that give you a reason to choose this.
Difference & Similarities: Sony WH-1000XM4 & Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700
Sony WH-1000XM4 is the ultimate power monster with its 30 hours battery life. So, in the long term of use no headset but the Sony WH-1000XM4 is incomparable. Besides, it needs only 2.5 hours to charge fully, which is fast and time-saver.
As a result, you don’t need to charge this headset for long like other headsets. Moreover, the 30 hours of power backup are measured according to long-term use, and it performs more than 30 hours in regular use.
Furthermore, the Bose 700 delivers 20 hours of battery life, requiring around 3 hours to charge completely. So first of all, the Bose 700 is 10 hours behind the battery life from Sony, and secondly, it takes .5 more hours to charge fully than the Sony. Therefore, the Sony is more consistent than the Bose 700.
Active Noise Cancellation(ANC)
These headsets are compatible with ANC features, but Sony is more powerful than the Bose 700. Because Sony added a Dual sensor and a dedicated Sony Q1 noise-canceling processor, this Q1 chipset performs incredibly well at the ANC segment.
However, the Bose 700 offers 11 levels of Active Noise Cancellation feature that assures accurate sound by blocking the unwanted noise and preventing sound leaks. Moreover, Bose specially focused on the accuracy of sound quality with ANC, which is perfectly done. Although the sony performs briefly better than the Bose, in spite, you hardly notice that.
These headsets are fantastic with the sound quality. You can barely find the difference between them within the excellent quality. Because the Sony WH-1000XM4 offers every unique feature needed on a wireless headphone to deliver a satisfying music experience, so does the Bose Noise Canceling headphones 700. So, indeed you have the refreshing listening experience of both of these headsets.
Sony WH-1000XM4 comes with 5 built-in mics, and they work individually. At the same time, the Bose 700 included 8 different built-in mics, and they also work in specific ways. So, you will find an enhanced calling experience with smooth recording with full details.
Sony and Bose provide a one-year official warranty under some policies to their headsets. If you want to apply for a warranty, you can go directly to the official store or online via amazon. However, we request you to read the warranty policies if you miss them.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 and the Bose Noise-canceling headphones 700 are ranked one headset from their brand. So, indeed they are best with specifications. But after comparing them, we found the Sony WH-1000XM4 better in the crucial segment like battery, ANC, and other kinds of stuff. So, Sony will be a great deal for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bose Headphones and Sony
Do the headsets mics still work while the audio cable is connected?
The headsets receive sound via handset mic when the audio cable is connected.
Do they provide an additional audio cable for a wired connection?
Yes, you will get an audio cable with these headsets.
Which one is easy to carry?
The Sony WH-1000XM4 is easy to carry because of its foldable design. However, at the same time, the Bose is not foldable and needs to be careful while putting it into the backpack.
Can I get a charging adapter with these headsets?
Unfortunately, they give a USB charging cable instead of an adapter.
You can also read some other headphones’ comparisons below-