Beats Solo 3 and Solo Pro headphones deliver sound exactly how you want it. But we suggest you go with Beats Solo Pro as it contains some advanced features.
Why We Suggest Beats Solo Pro?
- Beats Solo Pro features two listening modes which are, Active Noise Cancelling and Transparency. Thus, you can seamlessly switch between the modes you want. But the Beats Solo 3 doesn’t include these features.
- It is integrated with the Apple H1 chip, whereas the rival device has W1. However, the H1 is compatible with the latest Bluetooth feature, also offers two times faster speed when pairing up a device.
- The Active Noise Cancelling blocks out the outside noise to create an immersive sound. But the ANC is not available on Solo 3.
- Solo Pro’s transparency mode ensures you stay aware of your surroundings and is very convenient as it reduces any accidents. At the same time, its brother doesn’t include this function.
- This headphone will automatically turn on when you unfold it and will turn off when you fold it. Unfortunately, its competitor doesn’t provide this function.
- Beats Solo Pro is equipped with an advanced acoustic function to provide you a balanced tone. Whereas the Beat Solo 3 cannot offer a balanced tone.
- It can handle water and sweat since it is water and sweatproof headphones which makes it handy to take to your intensive workout sessions. But the Solo 3 is not water or sweat-resistance.
- Solo Pro is equipped with the Find My App feature, while Beats Solo 3 isn’t. However, if you can’t find your device, then you can locate it via the app. You can either play a sound or locate the device on the map.
You will get these top-notch features with the Beats Solo Pro that deliver you great sound quality. Hence you should consider investing in the Solo Pro.
Similar Features of Beats Solo Pro and Solo 3
- They have microphone properties, thus you can pick calls with this device.
- Solo 3 and Pro come with the voice assistant function so that you can control the headphones hands-free.
- Both offer a one-year limited warranty against any manufacturer defects.
Quick Comparison: Beats Solo 3 vs Solo Pro
|Specification||Beats Solo 3||Beats Solo Pro|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Apple Audio Chip||Apple W1 Chip||Apple H1 Chip|
|Active Noise Cancelling||No||Yes|
|Find My App||No||Yes|
|Battery Life||Up to 40 hours||Up to 22 hours
And Up to 40 hours without Noise Cancelling
|Water and sweatproof||No||Yes|
|Fast Fuel Charge||5 minutes charge give 3 hours backup||10 minutes charge give 3 hours backup|
|Dimension||5.16 x 3.74 x 7.44 inches||8 x 5 x 7.05 inches|
|Weight||1.41 pounds||1.43 Pounds|
|Warranty||One year manufacturer’s warranty||One year manufacturer’s warranty|
Differences and Similarities: Beats Solo Pro vs Solo 3
Beats Solo 3 and Solo Pro are on-ear headphones that provide an adjustable fit. The ear cups have comfortable cushions so that you use them every day. In addition, their streamlined, foldable, sleek design lets you take the headphone everywhere you want.
However, when you unfold the Solo Pro, it will automatically turn on. And when you fold the headphone, it will automatically turn off.
Both combine with the class 1 Bluetooth feature that gives you a seamless setup when it comes to connectivity. But there’s a slight difference between them, the Solo 3 integrated with the Apple W1 chip, whereas the Solo Pro has an H1 chip.
And the H1 chip is compatible with the latest Bluetooth, as well as it can connect a device quicker compared to the W1. However, both are iOS and Android compatible headphones.
In addition, these Beats headphones work with Audio Sharing so that you can connect them with the AirPods or Beats headphones.
You will get better sound from the Beats Solo Pro since it features active noise canceling and transparency mode. With these features, you can easily switch between different modes. Moreover, it has an advanced acoustic feature that delivers powerful sound quality with a balanced tone.
The Active noise canceling blocks out outside noise, thus you will immerse in music. Besides, with the transparency mode, you can be aware of your surroundings.
Unfortunately, the Beats Solo 3 doesn’t offer these features, but it delivers incredible sound quality. Its fine-tuned acoustics give you depth and clarity so that you enjoy every beat.
Beats Solo 3 offers 40 hours of listening time, and the Solo Pro also provides the same listening time with the ANC and transparency mode off. So either the Solo Pro can last for 22 hours with a single charge.
They also feature fast fuel charging to give extra juice when the battery is low. For example, the Solo 3 takes only 5 minutes and provides 3 hours of playback. In contrast, the Solo Pro gives you 3 hours backup with a 10 minutes charge.
Operating these Beats headphones is a breeze that lets you operate the device via the button or either via “Siri” voice assistant for hands-free control. However, you can control the volume, track the song, or pick calls with the “b” button.
While with the left ear cup of the Beats Solo Pro, you can seamlessly switch between ANC or transparency mode. Anyway, they have dual beam-foaming microphones, including the motion & speech accelerometer, which reduce the background noise.
These two headphones combine with the same accessories, including the device itself. You will get a carrying case, a quick start guide, a USB-A charging cable, and a warranty card. So you can use them right after you unbox them.
Beats devices are combined with a one-year limited warranty that lets you claim any manufacturer defects. But if you damage the headphone, the warranty won’t cover them. And this period is only applicable for the original users.
Beats Solo 3 and Solo Pro can offer you rich sound, but the Solo Pro headphone is better between these two. That’s because it comes with updated technologies than the other one.
If you want to take your listening experience to another level or search for headphones for workout sessions, the Solo Pro is the answer. But if you need a less pricey device, go with the Beats Solo 3.
FAQ of Beats Solo 3 and Solo Pro Headphones
|Is the Solo Pro waterproof headphone?
Yes, this headphone is both water and sweatproof and can handle water. Also, it is a convenient choice for intensive workout sessions.
Are they android compatible?
Yes, both headphones are compatible with iOS and Android devices.
What is the average battery life of the Solo Pro?
Generally, the Solo Pro delivers you a 22 hours charge on a single charge. And with the Noise-canceling and transparency mode off, this will offer you up to 40 hours of backup.
Does the Solo Pro have analog input?
Yes, but this device doesn’t come up with the 3.5 mm cable.
Do they have noise-canceling mode?
Beats Solo Pro is combined with the noise-canceling feature, but the Solo 3 lacks this feature.
Read more headphone comparisons below: